Champions League 21 & 22/10

RiG

Some cracking scores tonight.

Most will have seen Man United cruise past Celtic but others scores of note include Juventus defeating Real Madrid 2 - 1 while Villareal destroyed Aalborg 6 - 3. There were 8 goals between Steaue and Lyon (ghastly away top) as the French side came out on top 5 - 3, Bayern thumped Fiorentina 3 - 0 and Arsenal pounded Fenerbache 5 - 2 in Turkey. Loads of goals to get through tonight :rotflmao:

Looking to tomorrow Atletico Madrid v Liverpool looks tasty as does Chelsea v Roma. Can Cluj-Napoca take their stunning start into the game against Bordeaux? I hope so. Good to see the minnows doing so well.

Some cracking scores tonight.

Most will have seen Man United cruise past Celtic but others scores of note include Juventus defeating Real Madrid 2 - 1 while Villareal destroyed Aalborg 6 - 3. There were 8 goals between Steaue and Lyon (ghastly away top) as the French side came out on top 5 - 3, Bayern thumped Fiorentina 3 - 0 and Arsenal pounded Fenerbache 5 - 2 in Turkey. Loads of goals to get through tonight ;)

Looking to tomorrow Atletico Madrid v Liverpool looks tasty as does Chelsea v Roma. Can Cluj-Napoca take their stunning start into the game against Bordeaux? I hope so. Good to see the minnows doing so well.

Have to disagree with you here RiG :thumb04:. My father lives in Bordeaux, and I have more than just a soft-spot for them.

Usual Wenger Arsenal tonight, no doubt they will follow up a wonderful preformance in one of the most hostile arenas in Europe by drawing 1-1 with Wigan or whoever it is they have on Saturday.

Lyons kit is truly ghastly, but it must have something about it as Barca have got an almost identical kit. Heard a theory is that sponsors will pay out more as you can't take your eyes off it :rotflmao:

Del Pieros goal is an absolutoe peach. He can still turn it on when he wants to.

On another note, wonder how these guys are feeling tonight :018:

Mike Millarky, Glasgow, said: "I've been looking forward to this game since the draw was made. It's time to show people we're every bit as good as those bigheads from England.

"We proved it last time and we will prove it again - we are every bit as good as the best teams on the Continent."

Shane McGarvey, Dublin, said: "Gordon Strachan will show Sir Alex Ferguson who is the best Scottish manager.

"United have been lucky and only win things because of the money they have but Celtic will prove they are Britain's best club when they go down to England."

John Adam, Essex, said: "Celtic will draw at Old Trafford and then win at Paradise.This is when Strachan's men come of age and show Europe they are a force to be reckoned with."