FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team For Dundee United

Renegade

I think I'll use the Attacking Winged formation (aka - The Renegade Special :rotflmao: ). A nice tall back line Tokely, Duff, Djebi-Zadi and Mihadjuks (possibly the tallest ICT defence ever) with Djebi-Zadi and Tokely able to run down either flank (Vigurs can fill in at left back if needed while Lionel is down the other end) with Munro onto the bench (Tokely captain), as I'd like to see a really tall backline. McBain and Vigurs in the centre of midfield with Morais and Imrie as left and right wingers, with Rooney and Foran up front.

--------------------------------Esson--------------------------------

-----------------Mihadjuks------------------Duff----------------------

---Tokely-------------------------------------------------Djebi-Zadi---

-------------------Proctor-------------------Vigurs---------------------

---Morais----------------------------------------------------Imrie-----

-------------------Rooney-------------------Foran--------------------

Subs - Fraser, Munro, McBain, Wood, Odhiambo, Byrne, Kerr

If Morais is still out, move Proctor to right back and Tokely at right wing. If Imrie isn't playing great, move Vigurs to left wing and move Imrie into the centre ahead of McBain so he gets freer roam of the park and better attacking options.

If any of the aforementioned players are missing, stick Duncan on the bench.

Edited by Renegade

I don't think we'll see many changes to the team. Terry Butcher is keen to field a settled 'best eleven' as much as he possibly can. The days of completely different teams and formations are behimd us. Lionel can't be dropped based on his last 2 performances. The man was a legend yesterday.

-----------------Esson----------------

Tokely---Munro---Mihadjuks---Djebi-Zadi

---------------Duncan----------------

Proctor-------------------------McBain

----------------Imrie-----------------

-------------Rooney-------Foran

Subs: Fraser; Gattheusi(or Duff); Byrne; Vigurs; Morais (or Sutherland); Kerr; Eric

Away at a top team so need to be a bit more defensive. Proctor and McBain are more defensive than attack-minded here. Imrie with a free role behind a more central Rooney and Foran coming in from the left. Vigurs and/or Morais to have a big part to play from the bench if we can hold United.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

thats what butcher is know to do, he doesnt like changing the team week in week out. he wants to have a team which are settled

Esson

Tokely Mihadjuks Munro Lionel

Proctor Mcbain/Kerr/Vigurs Duncan Foran

Rooney/Odhiambo Imrie

since black will miss this game i think he'll pick out of Mcbain/Kerr/Vigurs

Odhiambo had an alright game yesterday but after seen rooney score i think he might start with him and imrie up front

Proctor: did he break his nose against killie??

I don't think we'll see many changes to the team. Terry Butcher is keen to field a settled 'best eleven' as much as he possibly can. The days of completely different teams and formations are behimd us. Lionel can't be dropped based on his last 2 performances. The man was a legend yesterday.

Yes - Butcher has clearly said that he will play the team and the players in form. Will be interesting to see if he actually sticks to 4-4-2 or reverts to a 4-5-1 ?

My only concern is that Proctor and Zadi are still in possession - they are our weak links and they are going to cost us soon.

It will be very interesting when Kerr hits fitness as Butcher is clearly looking at playing HIS signings as soon as possible. I also reckon that Foran will be moved up front in the near future.

--------------------------Esson----------------------------

--------Tokley------Munro---------Mihadjuks------Djebi-Zadi

-------Imrie-------Black----------Duncan----------Foran

--------------Rooney-------------Odhiambo--------------

subs: Fraser, Duff, Byrne, (or Proctor), Kerr, Vigurs, Wood (or Barroman*), Morais (or Sutherland)

*hopefully not

--------------------------Esson----------------------------

--------Tokley------Munro---------Mihadjuks------Djebi-Zadi

-------Imrie-------Black----------Duncan----------Foran

--------------Rooney-------------Odhiambo--------------

subs: Fraser, Duff, Byrne, (or Proctor), Kerr, Vigurs, Wood (or Barroman*), Morais (or Sutherland)

*hopefully not

Black is suspended...

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Black is suspended...

ok then swap Black for Vigurs.

I'd go for that.

i would say vigurs aswel but i can see butcher putting mcbain on

I'd go for the same team as the Kilmarnock game with Vigurs or McBain in for Black. Don't think Kerr is match fit yet. Also think Duncan is an integral part of the team. His passing isn't amazing but he gets the dirty work done with no fuss and he does it well.

Also tell Mihadjuks not to play too well don't know if I could handle him signing for Dundee Utd at the end of the season losing one Machine to them is enough for anyone! :rotflmao:

Esson

Tokely Mihadjuks Munro McBain

Kerr

Morais------Vigurs------ Imrie

Rooney Foran

That is exactly the team fer the future - probably Black will oust Vigurs in the short term - doubt (unfortunately) that it will be the team fer the Arabdrome cos Kerr and Morais may not have proven their match fitness and Imrie and Foran may stay as they are - big concerns about the reliability of Proctor and Zadi who are squad players - if that !!