FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A proposed solution

Northern_jaggie

On your typical away day, you can pick and choose where you sit and if you fancy a sing song...you head up the back with the diehards. I truely love away days, i live for them in fact.

On a matchday at TCS (take the north stand for example), the singers are often separated (apart from an elite select) and dont make any impact whatsoever singing alone (usually, thats me). This is largely due to the amount of taken seats around that area which are occupied by season ticket holders.

I propose, as radical as it sounds, to have the season ticket holder seats in the north stand de-named. I.e. you can buy a season ticket for the north stand, but you cant specify where! Keep the family section named and as-is...sometimes its better to have an area away from possible swearing etc.

People will moan that they buy the seat for the view of the pitch, I argue either 1) buy a season ticket in the main stand or 2) buy a season ticket for the north stand and get there in plenty of time.

This way folk that are really keen can get a bit closer to the singing pack and actually make a difference. I have a group of at least 5 mates who all sit separately, im sure other people are the same.

The atmosphere would build earlier in the ground as people who sing would want to be guaranteed a good spot.

Singing secitons dont work, lets try something thats never been done before.

Please dont tear me to pieces, its a bit of positive lateral thinking.

Discuss!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On your typical away day, you can pick and choose where you sit and if you fancy a sing song...you head up the back with the diehards. I truely love away days, i live for them in fact.

On a matchday at TCS (take the north stand for example), the singers are often separated (apart from an elite select) and dont make any impact whatsoever singing alone (usually, thats me). This is largely due to the amount of taken seats around that area which are occupied by season ticket holders.

I propose, as radical as it sounds, to have the season ticket holder seats in the north stand de-named. I.e. you can buy a season ticket for the north stand, but you cant specify where! Keep the family section named and as-is...sometimes its better to have an area away from possible swearing etc.

People will moan that they buy the seat for the view of the pitch, I argue either 1) buy a season ticket in the main stand or 2) buy a season ticket for the north stand and get there in plenty of time.

This way folk that are really keen can get a bit closer to the singing pack and actually make a difference. I have a group of at least 5 mates who all sit separately, im sure other people are the same.

The atmosphere would build earlier in the ground as people who sing would want to be guaranteed a good spot.

Discuss!

Problem I see with this is that there are people that have had the same seat for years and are happy with it, not been able to get their seats at the start of the season might have a negative effect on the number of tickets sold.

Edited by stevico1

yeah i'm quite fond of my seat too. dont think you need to eject the season ticket holders anyway, just put names on or mark all the season ticket seats and leave all the rest unallocated, thats still gonna leave heaps of space for people to go

Can fully understand where you are coming from but you can tell by the feedback that people don't want to give up their seats.

One way this could improve is when we have a need for a forth stand I mean a proper one,If all of the noisy fans get together on the quiet see how many of you there are and book up an area all at once after seeing what seats are available don't go public about it though otherwise the same problem occurs with the people who want to be associated with the noisy ones pinch the seats but dont give their voice.

As above but all move along a bit in the north stand, see whats available.

If you have no fear and theres more than a dozen of you just make your own noise where ever you are.

Other grounds give better amplification because the away section is usually deep and narrow and its easy to add to the noise coming from behind.

The Supporters Trust have had talks with Darren about this very subject....and in fairness, it is something that Darren raised with us.

I won't go into any detail as it's not fair to get people's hopes up or lump expectation on the club to do things which may turn out to be impossible, but it is something which is very much on the radar and which both Darren and the Supporters Trust are keen to find a solution too.

Having these types of discussion on the forum and people throwing ideas out there, however extreme they might seem, helps give an idea of what fans want and what fans would find acceptable, so fill yer boots and be assured that this is not a conversation that is falling on deaf ears.

The Supporters Trust have had talks with Darren about this very subject....and in fairness, it is something that Darren raised with us.

I won't go into any detail as it's not fair to get people's hopes up or lump expectation on the club to do things which may turn out to be impossible, but it is something which is very much on the radar and which both Darren and the Supporters Trust are keen to find a solution too.

Having these types of discussion on the forum and people throwing ideas out there, however extreme they might seem, helps give an idea of what fans want and what fans would find acceptable, so fill yer boots and be assured that this is not a conversation that is falling on deaf ears.

How about a wee shed type enclosure where the singing section is? That's where I used to watch the games from and I still miss it. The G unit or whatever they fancy themselves as could get in there....

"Give me a C!"

Roll on the weekend and partick!

What about putting the singing section at far end of Main stand close to the away support, I feel there is always a better atmosphere when there is a bit of banter between the 2 sets of fans. The hospitality seats could then be moved to far end of main stand, just a thought

I think Northern Jaggie's idea is more likely to improve the atmosphere than any attempt to move singers into another part of the ground. Traditionally, noisy football supporters sit behind the goals and their team shoots towards them in the second half. Section G grew quite naturally as a result of this tradition and i don't think it should be messed with. The priority should be making it easier for those who wish to join them in creating an atmosphere.

Right, i will get moaned at for sure by some people on this forum but....At the next home game, anyone that wants to sing just come up and sit beside us. If your season ticket is in the main stand, who cares? Just come up. You can probably tell we are usually over-crowded anyway and most the time there are spare seats in the rows below.... Join us! :D

Interesting (and positive) to hear, but is it not the case that if/when we get back to the SPL, one of their rules states quite categorically that tickets (inc. season books) should be for "individual, numbered seats" thereby negating what could be a good idea.

Not sure of the SFL rules but the numbered seat excuse was trotted out when this was raised in the past.

Good thread Northern Jaggie. I like the idea of being able to sit anywhere on a first come first serve basis. It brings together all those who want to make a noise and will help to create much more of an atmosphere. It would be rather like the good old days of the terracing when the atmosphere in some of the grounds was superb. It would also mean that the moaners could moan together in a quiet corner and those who choose to leave before the game has finished can sit at the front so they don't obstruct the view of the rest of us when they get up to leave.

I appreciate that some folk like the seats they have and wish to remain in that spot. No problem - just get there early if it is that important to you. If someone else has got there first, it just means they wanted it more, so good luck to them I say.

Interesting (and positive) to hear, but is it not the case that if/when we get back to the SPL, one of their rules states quite categorically that tickets (inc. season books) should be for "individual, numbered seats" thereby negating what could be a good idea.

Not sure of the SFL rules but the numbered seat excuse was trotted out when this was raised in the past.

You're right about the SPL Criteria for numbered ticketing, and that has been taken into consideration.

Whilst the SPL remain so anal on such things then we'll never have an ideal situation, but with a little lateral thinking and the cooperation of everyone, there's no reason we can't come up with a more suitable and acceptable setup.

Discuss!

Best idea I've seen from anyone re improving the atmosphere

I want to keep my seat in the North Stand F section as it gives me a great view. I don't want to go to Main Stand. And I am usually very early for the matches but that does not mean I would always get my seat. Also the club gets a tenner from everyone who has their name on their seat so that would be a loss of revenue.

I sing along with Section G all the time but unfortunately seem to be the only one in my row.

Could maybe section G be kept unreserved if the majority in this section agreed. Personally I like my seat in section E and join in with the singing as well. However I like going to some away grounds and picking where I sit and being able to sit beside who I want to without too much prior planing.

Well I am looking forward to Dumfries - a feckin BAR under the main stand and a 5 minute crawl to the away stand (mind you I am usually only a 5 minute scooby ride away !!) - that is what we need at TCS - more feckin alcohol.

Aye you're no far wrong , a few wee swallys down the hatch at half time would make all the difference

:drinking01: :drinking02: :drinking03: :drinking04: :drinking08: :(

my personal opinion would be that if you gathered a load of signatures from fans who want to be part of a singing section, the club could as of next season(too late to do it this season) could cordon off Section's E & F(or G) for these fans(numbers permitting). That way the singers can get their seats together.

The other reason for starting next season is that this gives the club time to send out letters to the season ticket holders in these sections warning them that these sections wil be allocated for noisy supporters who want to sing and shout. If they are happy to sit there then they can renew their tickets there, but they may want to move out of those sections. Atleast the clubhas warned these fans to expect singing from the people round them instead of the usual moaning and groaning.

Good thread here.

my personal opinion would be that if you gathered a load of signatures from fans who want to be part of a singing section, the club could as of next season(too late to do it this season) could cordon off Section's E & F(or G) for these fans(numbers permitting). That way the singers can get their seats together.

The other reason for starting next season is that this gives the club time to send out letters to the season ticket holders in these sections warning them that these sections wil be allocated for noisy supporters who want to sing and shout. If they are happy to sit there then they can renew their tickets there, but they may want to move out of those sections. Atleast the clubhas warned these fans to expect singing from the people round them instead of the usual moaning and groaning.

Good thread here.

Good idea,

If all interested parties could email the club wishing to join the singing section, with the full intent of singing, the club could then guage the volume of interest, see what size of area is required, contact the existing fans in that location to inform them that where they sit is about to get very noisy and would they like to move or participate,It would obviously be a round robin request so no point being offended if you are one noisy bunch.

It could be done this season though if the hunger is there from the fans and the club.

2 weeks for all interested fans to note an interest, 1 week to advise season ticket holders if they wish to move, also explaining that it is for the good of the club, the players and fans and thanking them for their support, advising that they are perfectly entitled to stay but it will become very noisy.

The more quiet ones that request a move the better and if some people don't bother to reply within 7 days then allocate the seats around them they will probably move soon after. which leaves 7 days to get the tickets organised and if their not ready in time then they can easily be printed off at the club shop for one game surely.

This can either be discussed or put in to action

Its up to you do do something about it and force the issue if enough genuine people contact the club.

and rightly named the caleykid1994 stand.