FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Seriously bad superstitions

bauhaus

I have to admit that I am one of those folks who is quite superstitious. This current run we have been on is starting to get to me. If we have a good result I tend to wear the same ( washed ) clothes to the following game. That was fine in January, February and March as it was freezing at the games. Yesterday I left it to the last minute to get the Foreign T shirt, the Bauhaus Tshirt, the home ICT top, the ICT hoodie sweatshirt and the thick winter jacket and the exact same two pairs of socks on. I was sweating like mad under all that yesterday. Any one else got any daft superstitions rituals on the day of the game.

Another thing that tends to happen, I am usually at the teahut or the toilet when we score. Yesterday, missed both goals, once getting stuff at the teabar, and then taking the yougest to the toilet. Its got so bad now that those around me ask when Im going to the teabar so they know when we will score. The highlights are becoming invaluable, as I must have missed about a dozen of our goals this season at least

I continue to wear ridiculous shirts/t-shirts at home games...although I will sometimes throw my ICT Rugby shirt on on top.

I never wear my ICT football shirt as I've never seen us win whilst wearing it.

I never wash my scarf mid season.

I never shave on the morning of a game.

sounds familiar,

i've been wearing same jacket, top, jeans and shoes(on matchdays only!) since we beat motherwell.also will only go in the northstand turnstyle nearest the road, ever, wont wear a caley top to a game,totally ton it if we shoot into the north stand first half, and always have season ticket in back left pocket :blink: :( :lol:

glad to see its not only me. I dont wear the earrings I had on the day we got relegated. I dont wash my scarf during the season and also have worn basically the same clothes for months now which is getting a problem now the weather is improving!

There is also a poster on here who shall remain nameless who threw a hissy fit at the husband the day of the last county match as he washed her lucky jeans and she couldnt wear them. However as we won she now has new lucky jeans.

Everytime I bet 2-0 Rooney first scorer we always win (Generally Rooney doesn't score first and/or it's not 2-0). I've also noticed that my home top appears to be the lucky top and the away one unlucky as I haven't worn the away one since the draw with County and every game since then we have won. I'm more superstitious playing football as I have a certain way to do everything.