FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Adam Rooneys Contract

BornCaley

Reminds me of Barrowman. Keeping ICT hanging whilst trying to negotiate a deal elsewhere. Smacks of a lack of respect.

No comparison, certainly no lack of respect. The lad has made it clear for some time that he was going to move on at some point and this would appear to be that point. He has no current contract with ICT, and therefore no obligation to us.

I actually think its pretty poor. He's had an offer put to him before christmas and only deciding now after we're back for pre-season training. But then if he'd had an offer for the best part of a year and not signed it, who actually expected him to stay?

Kind of reminds me of the who Dargo re-signing saga that also seemed to go to the 11th hour. One things for sure though, big players have left this club before and a quality replacement always pops up somewhere.

• Agree 2

The only thing that brasses me off is Rooney said himself that this would be sorted out by end of May. We are now about to enter July and nothing has really changed. That to me is a tad disrespectful, the fact that he is stringing us along like this.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

As my mate, that big Jessie Jay said the other day.................

Seems like everybody's got a price,

I wonder how they sleep at night.

When the sale comes first,

And the truth comes second,

Just stop, for a minute and

:smile:

Why is everybody so serious

Acting so damn mysterious

Got your shades on your eyes :rasta:

And your heels so high

That you can't even have a good time

Everybody look to their left (yeah)

Everybody look to their right (ha)

Can you feel that (yeah)

We're paying with love tonight

It's not about the money, money, Rooney

We don't need your money, money, Rooney

Okay

We need to take it back in time,

When footy made us all unite

And it wasn't low blows and video goals,

Am I the only one getting tired

Why is everybody so obsessed

Money can't buy us happiness

Can we all slow down and enjoy right now

Guarantee we'll be feeling Alright.

It's all about the Rooney Rooney Rooney

Forget about the money money money

Wanna make the fans dance,

Forget about the Price Tag

Rooney Rooney Rooney

All about

Rooney Rooney Rooney

:moon02: oh sorry, I thought you said mooney.

Any similarity to other tunes are purely coincidental and completely accidental. :shrug:

If he goes, he goes. We will survive without him. He can't be that sh*t hot or he would have had better offers before now. He has blown hot and cold all season - sometimes rank rotten. Struggled wthout Foran to feed him. I am confident Terry & Mo have it all in hand.

• Agree 3

I think talk of disrespect is a bit harsh, when Rooney joined us he joined for a set period of his time for which he has been paid, after that he becomes a free agent. He is no longer an employee of ICT and therefore is under no obligation to keep anyone at the club informed of his plans, especially the fans. I think if anyone is being disrespectful it is some fans, although I understand the frustration which causes certain people to become disrespectful, who cannot seem to comprehend that Adam Rooney has served the club to the best of his ability and now has a huge decision to make with regards to his career.

Good luck to Adam in his choice of future club, I'd love it to be us but if it is not thank you for the goals.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Swindon Town have offered him a 3 year deal apparently, their chairman is denying it's happening though

They're holding a press conference (which may or may not be related) this avo

this is all from a swindon fan at work btw, far from written in stone!

Swindon Town have offered him a 3 year deal apparently, their chairman is denying it's happening though

They're holding a press conference (which may or may not be related) this avo

this is all from a swindon fan at work btw, far from written in stone!

Live text from conference here...

http://www.swindonad...ess_conference/

Not quite match update but it's better than tennis :P

No players as yet recruited but Town 'in a good position' according to Di Canio. He brands the deal as 90m out of 100m done.

Edited by marks

Beyond caring really. Should have made an announcement before this. If he had said thanks but I'm off, he'd have gone with my best wishes. Now, it's just stringing us along, stopping any planning. Sure, I know he's entitled to swan off without so much as a goodbye but he'll end up being resented as opposed to a former hero. So, once and for all - you signing or not, Adam!? :irritated:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Beyond caring really. Should have made an announcement before this. If he had said thanks but I'm off, he'd have gone with my best wishes. Now, it's just stringing us along, stopping any planning. Sure, I know he's entitled to swan off without so much as a goodbye but he'll end up being resented as opposed to a former hero. So, once and for all - you signing or not, Adam!? :irritated:

Relax and think about things, Rooney has to make sure he does what is best for himself, he needs to keep any interested clubs happy. If he comes out and says goodbye to the Inverness fans he risks having the dorr shut on signing for us if no better offers crop up, if he openly says that he is considering an offer anywhere he risks putting other clubs off coming in for him, if he is in talks with another club they may have asked him to be quiet on the matter so talks go more smoothly. TB likes to opperate in the transfer market quietly and has been commended for that, I am sure many other managers and clubs feel this is the best way to proceed also, not everyone does their transfer business in the Sun and Record like the old firm.

• Agree 1

Contracts tend to run to Jun 1st in Scotland which would be why the prefix "ex-" was used. English clubs do theirs to 1st July which is when window opens down there.

Maybe it will become clearer next week?