FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What temp is your central heating set at?

SMEE

Mine is only set to 14, and i find it pleasant enuff

Whatever i like it at - its 10c higher when the missus is about... women i'm sure are different animals to us males.

Aye...yer not wrong. Apart from when my kids sty...its just me to consider....a wee blast of heat every so often is enuff for me :)

Mine's at 23 but I'm still freezing. Until last month, I was in Egypt, where I'd be using aircon to keep the temperature down to 25C AT NIGHT. I normally come over to do a bit of work in the summer, so the drop from Africa to UK isn't so bad. This is the first time I've come over in the winter and am really suffering. Going back for a few weeks at Xmas though to try to get my blood temperature back to normal levels.

Before moving to this house I was a bit tight with the heating, only put it on in the morning for kids getting up and in evening for an hour.

This new house is connected to a sheltered housing complex heating system where Mrs Dude works. The auld folk complained it wasn't hot enough. Now even on the lowest setting it is sweltering. I have even had the windows open this past week!!

The amount of energy most people consume in this country is unsustainable. Two jumpers, a scarf and thermal underwear get me through even the coldest of winters.

As you warm your tin of value beans over two candles 'borrowed' from St Giles church...... there's a guy like you appears every christmas... and it aint santa :nanananana: