Former ICT XI: Who you WOULDN'T have back

Joonya

With Chris Hogg being offered a new contract, I noticed a 'tweet' where someone said it wasn't a good idea, particularly as he's on a long term injury list and turned his back on a new contract before re-signing.

This got me thinking about former ICT players who you'd perhaps not want to see back in ICT colours. The likes of Dougie Imrie, Andy Barrowman and Zibi Malkowski all spring to mind for me.

So, can we make an ICT starting line-up consiting of players we perhaps don't want back at ICT.

I'll offer Zibi between the sticks. Despite his lack of games for us, his reputation for making errors at important moments in games is enough for me.

Dougie Imrie, despite being a good player on his day, is full of a kind of arrogance that I really despise. His infamous 'do you know who i am' rants at nightclubs and his 'i am more holy than now' attitude really put me off the guy.

Andy Barrowman was an absolute desaster. Yes he secured our first ever league win over Aberdeen, but he was dire in almost every performance thereafter, epitimised when he came on as a sub in a cup match at TCS and fluffed and open-goal opertunity from 2 yards.

SO:

Zibi

Imrie

Barrowman

Good thread. I'll go:

Zibi

Byrne Parrat Aldred Morgan

Eagle Kerr Stratford

Macdonald Barrowman McSwegan

(4-3-3 because I'm struggling to think of seriously underperforming midfielders in the past few seasons)

If you put Djebi-Zadi in at LB and push Morgan into left midfield then take Kerr out i think you are pretty much there :wink:

I think we're all agreed then that Zibi is our worst keeper then?

Michael Fraser was good as an understudy to Mark Brown, and but for a worlc-class save against Celtic (you remember the one) I'd perhaps stick him on the bench under Zibi... Then again, Les Fridge was in the same fram under Jim Calder...

Wayne Addicot.

During the second half of a midweek game at Brechin produced the following encounter.

Caldwell: 'Stay in the centre of the park!'

Addicot then stood on the centre circle and when the ball trundled past him, he stood still and watched it go past!

He was then subbed and left not long after that!

• Agree 1

I think I mentioned earlier that Fridge was an ok understudy to Jim Calder, as was Michael Fraser under Mark Brown, but when they were given starts they were hopeless.

Still think Zibi was worse.

I'll throw Zander Sutherland in to this.

Although he had pace and the desire to take people on, his distrubution was shocking, and his ability to tackle was worse than david beckhams (ie non existant)

I think I mentioned earlier that Fridge was an ok understudy to Jim Calder, as was Michael Fraser under Mark Brown, but when they were given starts they were hopeless.

Still think Zibi was worse.

So what you're saying is they were good at sitting on the bench? haha. But yeah, Zibi for me simply because he only took 8 minutes to have a howler in this game on his debut.