FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Memorable moments 2011/12

Yngwie

Most of us would describe this as a season to forget. But if you were writing a book on ICT, whilst 2011/12 might be the shortest chapter, what games or events would be worthy of a mention?

For example, Hayes squaring up to Foran at Dunfermline and them both getting a yellow for it.

6-3 away at Killie in November is probably the only moment of note but what moment it was.

The week after we were cruelly beaten 3-2 by Motherwell at home i turned up at that game with little to no expectations but even at 1-0 down the enthusiasm of our support never stopped wringing through the stands and it turned out to be the greatest away day i have ever been on, im guessing Andrew Shinnie would say the same.

I learnt alot that day. One thing is that anything is possible. Another was that as an ICT supporter who is by no means an athlete i was near dead having celebrated 4 goals in about 20 minutes, didnt expect to use up so much stamina.

I've only been to five games this season and there weren't many (none) highlights to shout about to be honest. If I had to pick a moment it would be Greg Tansey's free-kick in the final game of ther season against Hibs. We were sat behind the goal and challenging each other to head the ball when he blazed it over the bar...but he scored. :lol:

From the arm chair it would be listening to the 3-6 Killie game on the web and watching the game on Alba later.

6-3 away at Killie in November is probably the only moment of note but what moment it was.

Agreed. I found myself at a club rugby match that afternoon. Heard it was 1-1 at HT and was thinking that's good, we'll settle for a point here. At FT I was in the bar and someone got the final scores on their phone and said to me "Hmmm. Kilmarnock 3....." [heart sinks] .....Inverness 6! [jumps for joy and hugs strangers]. Made it home in time to watch the rerun on Alba with some more beers. Happy times.

• Agree 1

Does a certain Hat Trick count? :P

Aberdeen in March (1-0 win) and St Mirren away (1-0 win) were my personal fave's. Mostly because the stewards allowed the banter to flow and we could enjoy the atmosphere.

In terms of performance I'd say, of the games I attended, was when we played Hearts in september. Not because I scored at half time, but because we out-played them for most of the match and looked like a 'team' rather than a group of individuals.

• Agree 2

2-0 up to du on a wednesday night, playing really well. enter jonny russel and it is 2-3.

after 3rd goal golafart runs to halfway touch line where butcher is standing with his notebook and pencil in hand. reading his lips goes something like " hey boss do you want me to go up front to get a goal"

butcher goes nuts, arm waving, swearing and throws his book at golafarts head.

golafart trots head down back to defensive position

hillarious

Christ Smith v Jonny Hayes

Jonny Hayes goal at hibs. Think this may be the best I've seen in real life.

St mirren away and our mystery tour home.

Also rangers away before Christmas with its many laughs including gate crashing a wedding to find a ladies loo in Auchterarder(others involved know who they are lol)