FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What hope big names??

absent friend

I have just read in the Daily Express today that Stevie Crawford rejected our advances for a deal with EAST FIFE!!

What chance has the Board got, trying to get players up here, if we are perceived as being below EAST FIFE in the 'playing for' stakes!!

Surely our money is better than theirs - SPL involvement - career credibility - et al.

Big knock back - not SC - but the message this sends out for the club.

I'd like to think we dodged a bullet with that one!

Crawford went for East Fife because of location, chance to prolong his career in footbal by coaching (which he wouldn't of got here), as well as a better chance of being a first team regular. Fair play to him, it's a better long term career choice he's made.

I'd still much rather the likes of Wood and even Rory starting ahead of Crawford!

Says more about Stevie Crawford than it does about us, to be honest.  He's apparently been offered a player-coach deal with East Fife, he is coming to the end of his career, they pay decent wages and he lives locally.

He's also done very little for years at an SPL level.

The whole moving to the Highlands thing is a load of ollocks!  Look at how many players from the central belt County have signed and they all live in sneck.  It is always down to our wage structure plain and simple.

Agreed GJ but the fact is the vast majority of youngsters in UK get nosebleeds if they move 10 miles from their mammy's steak n chips.

Contract with Real Madrid? Nah I'd rather hang out with my mates at some dodgy provincial 'nightclub' week after week.

Stevie Crawford on the other hand would probably miss his local bowls club.

Chances are we only offered him a trial at best.

Stevie Crawford was an OK player during his 1st Dunfermline spell... thats it. "but he got a Scotland call up" -as did Kevin Kyle, Scott Dobbie...... We was very limited in the striker front back then was our national team we was.

To be honest I think he'll be found wanting at East Fifes level.

Guest WynessLegend

We are ICT.

We don't sign big names.

How could we on our budget?

Instead we create big names  - like Barry Robson.

So enjoy, and prepare for the next ICT big name!

So enjoy, and prepare for the next ICT big name!

Well, Djebi-Zadi is a **** of a scrabble score  :004:

Paaaaatellaaaiinnenenenanann is pretty big as well...

Big deal the guys a pathetic excuse for a striker anyway.

I for one thing we've been lucky dodging hoaxers like Elliot and Crawford.  :022:

Brewsters current taste in signings does worry me somewhat though.

It's not good to hear some of you knowledgeable punters slagging off East Fife as if they were only formed yesterday.East Fife has been around the block in their day dear friends.

Do you now that East Fife many years ago were the top team in Scotland, so successful that acceptance of the many invitations to play in England just wore them out and their performance then started to suffer so that they never regained their former glory.

If you are a true football fan please have a look at their website and read their long and quite illustrious history and you will realise that this team has not only a history but a great tradition and pride. I followed them for a few years when I lived in Leven and Methil and saw many a great game at Bayview --games filled with effort and excitement.

As for their current position in Scottish football did you notice how they were really flying last season and maybe also somebody like Crawford might think--"ahem...they can win the 2nd Division this year" whilst equally thinking..." ahem ,and Caley Thistle might just be unlucky enough not to do too well this year.."

:022:

It's not good to hear some of you knowledgeable punters slagging off East Fife as if they were only formed yesterday.East Fife has been around the block in their day dear friends.

Do you now that East Fife many years ago were the top team in Scotland, so successful that acceptance of the many invitations to play in England just wore them out and their performance then started to suffer so that they never regained their former glory.

If you are a true football fan please have a look at their website and read their long and quite illustrious history and you will realise that this team has not only a history but a great tradition and pride. I followed them for a few years when I lived in Leven and Methil and saw many a great game at Bayview --games filled with effort and excitement.

As for their current position in Scottish football did you notice how they were really flying last season and maybe also somebody like Crawford might think--"ahem...they can win the 2nd Division this year" whilst equally thinking..." ahem ,and Caley Thistle might just be unlucky enough not to do too well this year.."

:022:

Yeah but was that former glory not over 100 years ago? Queens Park were at the forefront of footie in Scotland but refused to go pro...so got left behind. East Fife just got left behind.

Going by quotes from his agent "Stevie didnt want to wait for the SPL clubs to make up their mind"

From this it seems likely the SPL clubs were saying to him that essentially he was a stop gap/ panic signing really. Thinking along the lines of he'll do if we can't get anyone else that fits the bill. Im really glad this one has passed us by but slightly embarrassed about the story. Why was only ICT slurried with his name and the fact we were one of several SPL clubs rejected. Is this a case of our poor hush policy when it comes to signings or just a name from a hat?

Brewster should come out with a press release stating "Crawford, as in my old team mate Stevie Crawford? Nah dunno what your talking about mate, we had no plans to sign him at all, ever, right!" "oh but i think he's find his level mind"

This might spare our blushes a little, even if he gets one christmas card a year less.