Why not just enjoy it ?

Stevie

That Inverness have never seriously been in relegation trouble is actually astonishing. The current team and manager look to be continuing in this vein.

Thats not entirely true though, before the weekend we were only 1 point of bottom and even now we are just 3.

The main thing is though, the supporters put a lot of time and money into the club and it gets really frustrating if you travel long distances to a home game where you play a 4-5-1 and look to break on the counter, rather than taking the game to the opposition - especially when its a team you feel you should be getting a result against.

Anyway bring on Falkirk tomorrow night :rotflmao:

Regards the relegation issue , personally I've never felt that we've been in serious trouble yet, too early.

I agree, we havn't been in serious trouble regarding relegation yet. But what i disagreed with was what you said something along the lines of, "the current setup looks to be continuing in this vein", (regarding avoiding relegation) when infact we are only 3 points of bottom. So i didn't think that was a fair comment.

And only three points of sixth place. We're not Rangers or Celtic. Like the other tenine teams in the league we will go up a bit and down a bit each week.

I know im not denying that at all, I was just saying that we are very close to bottom. Hopefully we'll make a decent push for top 6 this season like we have done in the past :thumb04:

I've not posted much of late basically because of the ridiculous level of abuse aimed at Brewster and to a lesser extent the players.

Okay it's easier to post this after the superb victory in Leith but honestly what do some folk expect ?

I remember a couple of years ago there was a thread which caused a fair amount of varying opinion, it was along the lines of "are we punching above our weight"

If you look at the facts, we barely can manage 3000 home fans at any game, so tell me how can ICT be expected to basically do any better than they're doing just now ? Of the top of my head only one club has performed in the league any better than ICT attendances that being Livingston 6 or 7 years ago and they were way over their heads in gaining such a lofty position, ended up in a right old mess.

That Inverness have never seriously been in relegation trouble is actually astonishing. The current team and manager look to be continuing in this vein.

The present league is , the o.f. apart as tight as a drum, inconsistancy rules a couple of home wins in the next few days could see us climb dramatically.

Look at some of the moaning re Brewster, Playing Imrie and Cowie on the wrong flanks (it's on another thread I know) it works though, plenty others do it eg Celtic with McGeady & Nakamura,

He also took a fair bit of abuse last season regarding Wyness, now like everyone else Wyness to me was a hero, but lets be honest, it was right to let him go.

In general I wish folk would enjoy our current status more, law of averages says it can't go on for ever.

Enjoy :rotflmao:

What a load of Pro-Brewster protective tosh. Read some of the post - watch the games - Imrie and Cowie isnt working - that is the feckin poiny ya rosy tinted speccy *******. Does McGeady and Nakamura play on the wrong flank fer the whole game ?

It was the feckin manner in which Brew dumped Wyness that wound us up.

I am just totally fed up with Brew chopping and changing things and usually getting the tactics wrong.

If you play golf, you can be consistent and have a measured consistency, however, in football you can only be as consistent as the opposition allows.

If the opposition decides to be negative, it is difficult to be open and flowing in your game and thereby the charge of inconsistency can be levied.

The fear factor among the managers, with a call for their heads from a section of almost all the so called 'fans', makes for dour struggles I'm afraid.

I suppose Yogi was the exception in his managerial manner but I feel that even he has now forsaken his cavalier attitude in favor of results, as evidenced last night. Entertainment = nil points V Poor entertainment = 1 point.... there is no contest if they wish to retain their job in this league. Just don't lose!

If we are to be consistent we have to assume that other teams will allow us to be winners all the time or allow us to play bright football all the time or shut their eyes and not listen to their coaches and allow our good players to play them off the park each week. Some hope! Why did our best player last Saturday have to be subbed last night? Me thinks Yogi watched last Saturdays match before coming up North and took remedial action. Or maybe our player was inconsistent!

We are inconsistent amongst inconsistent teams, at this time.

If you play golf, you can be consistent and have a measured consistency, however, in football you can only be as consistent as the opposition allows.

If the opposition decides to be negative, it is difficult to be open and flowing in your game and thereby the charge of inconsistency can be levied.

The fear factor among the managers, with a call for their heads from a section of almost all the so called 'fans', makes for dour struggles I'm afraid.

I suppose Yogi was the exception in his managerial manner but I feel that even he has now forsaken his cavalier attitude in favor of results, as evidenced last night. Entertainment = nil points V Poor entertainment = 1 point.... there is no contest if they wish to retain their job in this league. Just don't lose!

If we are to be consistent we have to assume that other teams will allow us to be winners all the time or allow us to play bright football all the time or shut their eyes and not listen to their coaches and allow our good players to play them off the park each week. Some hope! Why did our best player last Saturday have to be subbed last night? Me thinks Yogi watched last Saturdays match before coming up North and took remedial action. Or maybe our player was inconsistent!

We are inconsistent amongst inconsistent teams, at this time.

So because I don't want Brewster in charge, I am therefore less of a fan that you are? :rotflmao:

What worries me is you might actually believe half the pish you post... :thumb04:

If we are to be consistent we have to assume that other teams will allow us to be winners all the time or allow us to play bright football all the time or shut their eyes and not listen to their coaches and allow our good players to play them off the park each week

We dont need to be winners all the time to be consistent. The level of effort can also be consistent. We are not the best side in the SPL we are a mid to bottom half team. There are certain games however that we should be competing fiercely in and we do not seem to be doing that. I can actually accept being beaten by any other team in the SPL but only if it is on merit. Its not the fact that we lost a game that sticks in most people's craws, its the nature of that loss.

The fact of the matter is that we have not won 2 back to back league games since April. I dont care who each individual poster blames for this, whether it be Brewster with his chopping and changing of tactics and personnel, or the players themselves ..... or a bit of both, the bottom line is that consistent inconsistency is worrying in the extreme ....

Opening day - we beat Aberdeen ... the best possible start and a great performance, the next week we lose at home to Hamilton in an instantly forgettable game strewn with errors. We then got a draw with Hibs with both teams looking scrappy before going to Falkirk and coming back from a goal down to win 2-1 in a game we dominated. Then we lose at home to St Mirren because we didnt turn up for the second half and to Hearts in the next game because we couldnt put the ball in the back of the net !!! Never mind, with such a bad run, we go out and win the next game against Kilmarnock 3-1 with an excellent performance before slumping at Tannadice the following week in another poor game. Then Celtic come calling and despite losing, we fight and battle for everything and put in a performance that was probably worth at least a point. The Motherwell game was a bit of a lottery due to the conditions, but the following week came THAT Rangers game !!! nuff said. Not to worry, after being rodgered royally at Ibrox, we put in a good performance at Easter Road and come out deserved winners. Which brings us to last night where we handicap ourselves by playing a training match for the first 45 and only start playing when we go to 4-4-2 and bring on the subs ......

its hard to enjoy boring, inconsistant, lackluster football just as its hard to listen to the pro Brewster brigade come up with excuses each more feeble than the last. If I have to hear "were not Rangers/Celtic/Albion Rovers/Pollok Juniurs we should be happy with 11th because the other teams are bigger than us" rubbish one more time I'll go nuts. Its beginning to emerge who the real passionate fans are here and who the fairweather ones are. WE DESERVE BETTER! WE SHOULD BE DOING BETTER! WE NEED TO CHANGE TO DO BETTER! idleness could be our downfall.

its hard to enjoy boring, inconsistant, lackluster football just as its hard to listen to the pro Brewster brigade come up with excuses each more feeble than the last. If I have to hear "were not Rangers/Celtic/Albion Rovers/Pollok Juniurs we should be happy with 11th because the other teams are bigger than us" rubbish one more time I'll go nuts. Its beginning to emerge who the real passionate fans are here and who the fairweather ones are. WE DESERVE BETTER! WE SHOULD BE DOING BETTER! WE NEED TO CHANGE TO DO BETTER! idleness could be our downfall.

i agree 100% :rotflmao:

Wow - the tide is finally turning - and many of us have been pointing out the "faults" fer a long time. Scotty is far more eloquent in this thread but he is alluding to the things that I have ben saying since last season. I gave Brew a clean sweep at the start of this season and he is still making the same old mistakes. If we are to survive and progress he simply has to go - a shame cos he was a GREAT player and a pleasure to watch.

My fear is that he will try to survive - and the gutless Board may support him - if his tactics change to the favour of this forum - but he has lost the dressing room and the support - the games we have won this season was becos of the players.

My fear is that he will try to survive - and the gutless Board may support him - if his tactics change to the favour of this forum - but he has lost the dressing room and the support - the games we have won this season was becos of the players.

I have a feeling he will survive and I cant see the board sacking him unless we are cast adrift at the bottom

Guest Spectre

Nobody likes watching us play 4-5-1 (or any other formation) and inviting the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton to attack us, letting them bring the ball out of half way unchallenged. Unfortunately I guess this sort of 'anti-football' has proven success as witness a lot of much bigger clubs who play it.

I don't see myself as pro-Brewster but there are a lot of Monday morning quarterbacks on this site and if you look at the many criticisms, they are often contradictory.

To take just one example, many people have moaned about Russell Duncan over time, on Saturday Brewster seemingly tried someone else in the holding role (Vigurs), it didn't work so he changed it after 30 minutes. I don't see the people moaning about Duncan come on and say well at least he tried something else, and I don't see the people moaning about the changed formation giving him credit for changing it during the match.

[

So because I don't want Brewster in charge, I am therefore less of a fan that you are? :rotflmao:

What worries me is you might actually believe half the pish you post... :thumb04:

I have never ever stated that I want Brewster in charge.

Your second, well presented, reasoned point, offers the fact that perhaps you don't quite accept my view - I hope I picked that up correctly - but my views are echoed, at length, by the Aberdeen manager in an extended article in the Evening Express this week and in it he also included managers in the EPL as well as the SPL. But, hey ho, he and I are allowed to have 'pish' opinions, eh!

And when we lost they were not even on the park so they are blameless!!

Your second, well presented, reasoned point, offers the fact that perhaps you don't quite accept my view - I hope I picked that up correctly - but my views are echoed, at length, by the Aberdeen manager in an extended article in the Evening Express this week and in it he also included managers in the EPL as well as the SPL. But, hey ho, he and I are allowed to have 'pish' opinions, eh!

My second well presented, reasoned point merely followed on from the first. If you say the following:

with a call for their heads from a section of almost all the so called 'fans'

You are suggesting that anyone who calls for the manager to leave are less of a fan than you are. Therefore, your "opinion" is, in its entirity, pish.

Edited by Jay_7

My second well presented, reasoned point merely followed on from the first. If you say the following:

with a call for their heads from a section of almost all the so called 'fans'

You are suggesting that anyone who calls for the manager to leave are less of a fan than you are. Therefore, your "opinion" is, in its entirity, pish.

I must, therefore, applaud your reasoning! :rotflmao: