FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Refereeing at the World's and divers

I saw some pretty discriminatory refereeing and think that some of the big teams received favourites status  with dodgy referees' decisions  going their way. In particular one was a penalty which was not one.

The other thing that made me cynical is how may players there are who seem to go down at the drop of a hat. Such as...a hard enough shoulder charge ,which nowadays seems to be a foul ,sending them rolling in agony for hours. And the players who also are not actually touched by a hard tackle because they whip their legs up at the last minute but sprawl over and over for yards and bury their head in the turf whilst clutching a  leg as if it was torn of at the hip. etc. I have never seen so many halts in the play for minor infractions alleged to be fouls actually incurred as a normal run of play hsustle and bustle.

The third thing that seems to be all too frequent is the number of yellow cards handed out, often for seemingly innocuous fouls--some very harsh. Maybe the refs have been told to be harsh to avoid injury or something but I think it just is "over the top" in many cases and all this results in a constant stopping and starting of the game.

I think Ghana will be in the final..any takers?

Scarlet :010: :012: