FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Drinking In Inverness

DingwallAway

Cask ale's for me so limited in selections for quality...Castle Tavern, No.27, Blackfriars, Caledonian and Phoenix all work for me. It's the beer that matters - not the pub!

My fave venue is ........ Home ! reason ...... I can get as pissed as a newt & can make a total @rse of myself & no have to worry about who saw me or who i might have offended . :022:

I'm not totally Anti Social tho i like the occasional night at Johnny Fox's or The Gellions , usually land up there after a night at The Ironworks

:lol:

Foxes is rubbish. Unless it has seriously improved since I was last in there (Christmas) then it's somewhere I tend to avoid. Mind you I hardly go out in Inverness anyway. Do miss the days of G's :lol:

Haven't been in the Innes for years , has the draught lager improved any ?

Best pint of John Smiths in the town.. dont drink lager, but never heard anybody complain yet.

Plus.. its no bad crack on football days.

Heathmount is nice but EXPENSIVE, castle tav has good beer and i quite like the Phoenix for the old feckin bar that it is.

But like the thread about restaurants, its all personal..

Man, you really know you have been out of town for a long time when you have to think about this question !!!

Innes Bar for me when I visit. Apart from knowing a fair few folk in it and always being sure of a decent pint and some craic, it has great owners and good beer.

I used to enjoy the Glenalbyn for a beer, Marion was a good host (although could do without the fisticuffs that happened from time to time). Forays into the town centre usually ended up in Foxes or the Gellions with the occasional visit to G's or the bar downstairs. Last visit, I think I was only in the town centre one night and it was basically Foxes for about an hour and then I got the hell out of dodge !!!

Johnny Foxes.... Probably the best run pub in Britain - never mind Inverness.

The beer : Cool, full bodied and sweet.

Barmaids : As above

Always great bands on Friday and Saturday nights - great craic - great people - great pub.

:P :D :lol: