Split from T-Shirt Thread

caleykid1994

I dont know why there isnt a guy outside the stadium selling this sort of stuff. sure as hell every other club seems to have one?

This is ICT we are talking about.......

aye and its not as if it Official merchandise. Hey i even bought a ICT flag down in Partick a few years ago for a SC game, mind you it was a old France flag with "Inverness Cally Thistle" on it and the 2nd "l" had pen marks on it to make it look like an "e".

Even if someone sold Scotland flags but with the Saltire cross in red instead of white and ICT written in white over it, im sure that would be a big hit with fans no?

I dont know why there isnt a guy outside the stadium selling this sort of stuff. sure as hell every other club seems to have one?

This is ICT we are talking about.......

aye and its not as if it Official merchandise. Hey i even bought a ICT flag down in Partick a few years ago for a SC game, mind you it was a old France flag with "Inverness Cally Thistle" on it and the 2nd "l" had pen marks on it to make it look like an "e".

Even if someone sold Scotland flags but with the Saltire cross in red instead of white and ICT written in white over it, im sure that would be a big hit with fans no?

Aye it would be. That is actually a really good idea. Lets raise some **** for an official singing section :lol:

Other than Ibrox, Parkhead, Tynecastle and Hampden I dont recall seeing street venders at other grounds.

To sell outside the ground it is necessary to obtain a street vendor's licence from the council and permission from the club. To use the club logo an any un-official merchandise could also get the seller into bother. But caleykid1994, there's no reason, provided you can overcome the hurdles, that you cant obtain and sell merchandise and be 'the guy outside the stadium'.

Other than Ibrox, Parkhead, Tynecastle and Hampden I dont recall seeing street venders at other grounds.

To sell outside the ground it is necessary to obtain a street vendor's licence from the council and permission from the club. To use the club logo an any un-official merchandise could also get the seller into bother. But caleykid1994, there's no reason, provided you can overcome the hurdles, that you cant obtain and sell merchandise and be 'the guy outside the stadium'.

well i just added Firhill and St Mirren have one(atleast they did last season when i was down).

I did investigate getting a Street Trading License a couple of years ago, but due to the exclusion zone in operation in Inverness for such licenses then I would be restricted to selling outwith the City Centre (by a fair bit).

Whilst that's fine on a matchday as the zone only extends as far as Innes St in that direction, it's a bit of a hassle/cost for what would essentially be the ability to sell only 20 to 25 days a year when there's matches (and customers).

Even if the club were to give permission to operate from their premises (car park or forecourt), I would still need the License. As I understand it, the club themselves need a License for selling programmes and draw tickets outside the ground on matchdays.

I did investigate getting a Street Trading License a couple of years ago, but due to the exclusion zone in operation in Inverness for such licenses then I would be restricted to selling outwith the City Centre (by a fair bit).

Whilst that's fine on a matchday as the zone only extends as far as Innes St in that direction, it's a bit of a hassle/cost for what would essentially be the ability to sell only 20 to 25 days a year when there's matches (and customers).

Even if the club were to give permission to operate from their premises (car park or forecourt), I would still need the License. As I understand it, the club themselves need a License for selling programmes and draw tickets outside the ground on matchdays.

Well myself and my old man had been thinking about scraping together money and refurbishing the Citadel and only open it on matchdays and have the ICT fans in there for a pre-match bevvyup and then march down on the stadium in droves(i can see it now). You could put a vendor along Cromwell road and make a killing. Aslong as the fans have a drink and laugh(without going too far) im sure that would lossen up most people and maybe, just maybe we might a half decent atmosphere?

Well myself and my old man had been thinking about scraping together money and refurbishing the Citadel and only open it on matchdays and have the ICT fans in there for a pre-match bevvyup and then march down on the stadium in droves(i can see it now). You could put a vendor along Cromwell road and make a killing. Aslong as the fans have a drink and laugh(without going too far) im sure that would lossen up most people and maybe, just maybe we might a half decent atmosphere?

Can't see how you'd make money there kid. Lets say you could get 100 fans a fortnight each spending ?20. That's ?2000 x about 25 matchdays. ?50k turnover a year. It can cost up to ?3000 just for the licence, then there's stock, wages, rental of premises etc. Not much left of your ?50k.

Or go to the Innes where everyone else is :afro:

Citadel = 5hitadel!

emphasis on the Had been part