Team for Dundee

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I say, stick to the 4-2-3-1 formation and hope for the best as we HAVE TO WIN.

Esson

Proctor, Bulvitis, Munro, Djebi-Zadi

Cox, Duff

HAYES Sanchez, Foran

Rooney

I would stick with the same team as today as they kept a clean sheet, and for that i should say sorry for post 2 of this thread where i said i was surprised at the team selection.

As i say we NEED TO WIN so when we have the ball then i would say that our 3 Midfielders should try to come forward and let Cox, Duff and our 2 wingbacks support them and when defending the 2 in front of the back 4 should help them out as well.

Lets hope that we can at least keep the lead IF we take it and that Butcher motivates them enough before the game, not that he needs to because the fact we are about 11 or 12pts behind them should be motivation enough.

Also, Merry Christmas to all on here for Friday :lol:

i didnt think much of duff from the raith game , but wot was he like today?any good i would much rather hav duncan on. i no tht butcher will sign duff and tht will be duncan out just like mcbain. decent players replaced by lame ones

Edited by matt0091

I'm at the giving up the ghost time. It's too late for promotion now. So I'm building for the future and getting onto the board to sign up a few long-term, i.e. Cox, Sanchez, Rooney and Hayes. Decisions on Shinnie and Ross to be made pretty soon too. They seem to be future material but a couple more run-outs might give us a better idea.

Esson

Stratford - Bully - Munro - Shinnie

Proctor - Cox

Ross - Sanchez - Hayes

Rooney

I know Stratford is the biggest surprise but that's to give Proctor and Cox a chance in midfield. Let's see if they can bond as well as I think they will. Shinnie and Ross to be given their chance to shine.

Barrowman, McBain and Golabek to be released. Foran to be offered a new deal. If he doesn't accept or it costs too much, then let him go to save money. Similarly, Imrie to be sold too. I like both of them but we need long-term here.

Duff (preferably) or Duncan to stay as a steadying force in midfield, although I would also consider Gary Mason in that role. Basically, one experienced midfielder on a decent wage. I realise Proctor's been around for a bit but has never really made a position his own.

Pele to be brought in as DoF or some such title, basically keeping a hand on the tiller until the new regime (Robbo) starts the empire all over again.

i didnt think much of duff from the raith game , but wot was he like today?any good i would much rather hav duncan on. i no tht butcher will sign duff and tht will be duncan out just like mcbain. decent players replaced by lame ones

I don't think on today's evidence that Duff is any better than what we have. Obviously I've stuck up for Duncan in the past so that's no surprise. We can't attract better players than Duncan and Roy and so on - so we just have to bring them on from young boys.

Like Starchief I reckon we ain't got much to play for. We are well capable of beating Dundee next week but it seems we are just drawing games while others win. It's like chalk and cheese from the Pele days and even the Robbo days when you always thought Denzil or Baz or Peanut or Ritchie would pop up with a late winner.

I actually got round to watching the final again this week and Dundee were no better than us, even in the second half, but they had belief, and the interviews seemed to back this up - they've got a good squad morale and the fans believe too.

I've already decided its a good season with plenty happening, but it's mid table for us. Need to rebuild next year with new management.

Guest Mahonio

Esson

Cox, Duff

HAYES Sanchez, Foran

Rooney

I would stick with the same team as today as they kept a clean sheet, and for that i should say sorry for post 2 of this thread where i said i was surprised at the team selection.

As i say we NEED TO WIN so when we have the ball then i would say that our 3 Midfielders should try to come forward and let Cox, Duff and our 2 wingbacks support them and when defending the 2 in front of the back 4 should help them out as well.

Lets hope that we can at least keep the lead IF we take it and that Butcher motivates them enough before the game, not that he needs to because the fact we are about 11 or 12pts behind them should be motivation enough.

Also, Merry Christmas to all on here for Friday :)

:( :( No one notice the bit in bold? :( :(

Here was me thinking i had friends on here :D :lol: .

Might as well have a go now as we have nothing to lose anymore.

I think we will beat Dundee though. The problem is we can't do it on our own and I think that is beyond the rest of the league teams and unfortunately us as well.

Esson Gk

Proctor RB

Bully CB (improving now)

Munro CB

Lionel LB (get his confidence up and we have a good attacking full back)

Hayes RM (feel he can exploit the LB a bit more, like he did at the cup final)

Cox CM (finally showing more of the form that won him so many compliments at the start of the season and a-hmmm Rangers scouts.....)

Duff CM (bit more physical in midfield than Duncan, willing to give him time)

Foran LM (much better out wide and winning headers)

Rooney FC (getting better and better, but personally Shane Sutherland should be pushing for a starting place)

Sanchez (works well with Rooney, and just the reason for us not to play the long ball tactics)

Subs - Duncan, Eagles, Sutherland, Shinnie, Allison.

Result - ICT 2-1 Dundee

As long as Butcher tells the players to keep it on the ground, and we don't defend too deeply, we can rule in CM and work it out wide for Hayes and Foran.

Esson

Cox, Duff

HAYES Sanchez, Foran

Rooney

Also, Merry Christmas to all on here for Friday :lol:

Second quarter of the season has been BRILLIANT for dundee with 23 pts from 27 but this game is the start of a hard run for us and I would be happy to come away with a point.

Disappointed there are no trains - why did the SFL arrange games when public transport is on holiday??? - so will be driving up dependent on road conditions.

Think your team will be out for revenge and fired up after the mickey mouse cup defeat and we will play on the break. Expect us to sit back and try to hit you on the counter - we've done that well this season when needed so as said a draw would be a good result.

You and Dunfermline were my predicted main challengers..so far your nowhere near us but games like this help shape a season. On that point - Do any of you still think ye have a better team than Dundee? :(

Anyway, hope its a good game, and to OP....merry xmas. :D

Guest Mahonio

Esson

Cox, Duff

HAYES Sanchez, Foran

Rooney

Also, Merry Christmas to all on here for Friday :)

Second quarter of the season has been BRILLIANT for dundee with 23 pts from 27 but this game is the start of a hard run for us and I would be happy to come away with a point.

Disappointed there are no trains - why did the SFL arrange games when public transport is on holiday??? - so will be driving up dependent on road conditions.

Think your team will be out for revenge and fired up after the mickey mouse cup defeat and we will play on the break. Expect us to sit back and try to hit you on the counter - we've done that well this season when needed so as said a draw would be a good result.

You and Dunfermline were my predicted main challengers..so far your nowhere near us but games like this help shape a season. On that point - Do any of you still think ye have a better team than Dundee? :P

Anyway, hope its a good game, and to OP....merry xmas. :D

Thats hard to answer because we have SPL Quality players like, Hayes, Esson and Foran and you have people like Harkins, Griffiths and Kerr who could terrorise SPL Defences and by the way i am 24 so am not an OP (if that means pensioner but i may be wrong here)

-------------------------ESSON------------------------

TOKELY------BULVITIS-------MUNRO-------DJEBI-ZADI

----------------DUFF----------COX------------------------

HAYES----------------SANCHEZ------------------FORAN

-----------------------ODHIAMBO/ROONEY-----------------------