FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee in dire straits

Doofer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...dee/8693469.stm

I find this story quite amusing. Although i dont like seeing teams go out of business, dundee have just been utter idiots.

The best quote in the story is: "We have an SPL cost base with First Division income, so we need more through the gates or through fans schemes to raise more money." I have a solution - DONT SPEND AS MUCH ON PRE MADONNAS!

Well I would laugh but I don't want to waste my breath as the air is thinner at altitude. The Dundee fans can have a good long laugh at themselves though, if they so wish. At least they can do so safe in the knowledge that we won't be able to hear them from all the way up here.

Edited by SotonCaleyFan

So Dundee kept trying to tell us they didnt spend much money on players, and as many of us here said, myself included, pointed out it wasnt the cost of signing the players it was the cost of the overpaid primadonna bighead so called star players. Their wages bill last season must have been grossly stupid, and partly funded by a man, Mr Melville, who himself said second was not good enough as second is for losers! what you doing with your millions now Callum Melville. As soon as your team dont gey what you want, suddenly you have Stuart Milne pockets - very deep with padlocks on them. Dundee - when will they learn, as this will be the third time in recent history they will be in the brown sticky stuff from trying to buy success.

Pity really as if they had the right people running them they should be a force in Scottish football, but cant see them in the SPL for a while now. Hope Queens win title next season!

How many times is that now? They get what they deserve. I've never been in favour of two Dundee teams and especially two Dundee stadiums, so hopefully this will lead to something good but it's getting a bit tiresome this happening every three years.

This was gonna happen.

They pushed so much money to push for the top spot in the first division and thought that they'd get it. But in the end money doesn't buy champions.

Whilst I would have hated to lose out to a moneybags approach from Dundee, I get absolutely no pleasure from seeing a club of their history in this mess.

All fans need to take a step back and perhaps change direction in our approach. Perhaps a sensible football fan no has a go at their team for over spending as opposed to the constant harping about lack of funds?

Dundee is a worry. A fair sized club with a pretty wealthy benefactor in major trouble. Not good.

Whilst I would have hated to lose out to a moneybags approach from Dundee, I get absolutely no pleasure from seeing a club of their history in this mess... Dundee is a worry. A fair sized club with a pretty wealthy benefactor in major trouble. Not good.

Completely agree.

This is the second time this has happened to Dundee so I have no sympathy whatsoever. They were spending money SPL teams couldn't afford, hence the reason they had Harkins and Griffiths when there were SPL teams interested. In my eyes its a form of cheating and its not the first time they've done it. Feel a little sorry for the fans if there club goes to the wall. But they weren't complaing when Canniggia and Ravanelli were playing for them, let alone Harkins and Griffiths!

Can't say I am overly familiar with the finances at Dundee but I'm wondering how much of a "story" really exists in this and how much of it is the outgoing Chairman having a wee rant.

Melville has already been put on record saying he'll continue his financial support, albeit with a "must be spent more sensibly" caveat. If that financial support is in the form of loans then Dundee are on a hiding to nothing, but if it's "free money" then I don't see the problem with the spending...other than the ability to sustain it should Melville suddenly depart.

This is the second time this has happened to Dundee so I have no sympathy whatsoever. They were spending money SPL teams couldn't afford, hence the reason they had Harkins and Griffiths when there were SPL teams interested. In my eyes its a form of cheating and its not the first time they've done it. Feel a little sorry for the fans if there club goes to the wall. But they weren't complaing when Canniggia and Ravanelli were playing for them, let alone Harkins and Griffiths!

this^

Had their hands burnt once and haven't learnt a thing = f*ck'em

As you point out, the fans deserve sympathy but the organisation deserves none.

I find this story quite amusing. Although i dont like seeing teams go out of business, dundee have just been utter idiots.

The best quote in the story is: "We have an SPL cost base with First Division income, so we need more through the gates or through fans schemes to raise more money." I have a solution - DONT SPEND AS MUCH ON PRE MADONNAS!

well youve got a **** sense of humor

well youve got a **** sense of humor

sorry mates that was my gay little son