FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Falkirk match thread

Pele_Is_God

Watched the goals on Setanta. First was Latapy dragging Munro forward and slotting a ball through to a wide open Stokes. The defence was nowhere. Second looked like a good strike. Third was an unmarked break from midfield and the defence was posted missing agin. No offside.

Black kicked away the match ball and was booked. Anothe ball..not the match ball came on to the pitch and he launched it into the stands. He got a second yellow. McCoist was chuckling and said that it was a ridiculous decision. Rankins goal was on apar to his Hun strike.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dream on!  :015: :002:

I am trying to mind what happened with this throw in for the first goal. From what I remember Rankin was going down the right and just carried the ball out of play. Falkirk took the throw in and a couple of passes later they had scored. I don't quite understand why you say it wasn't a throw in? Did something happen before or after the incident I described there with Rankin taking the ball out that I missed?  :confused02:

I thought he kept the ball in play and Falkirk carried on, there was no throw in!!

I was too busy singing 1 man went to mow, went to mow a meadow  :015:

It reminded me actually of the goal Thomson scored at St. Mirren in the TSC a couple of years back in that the original 'award' was somewhat dodgy yet far enough away from the goal that the opposition scoring should really have been prevented.

EDIT:

Just seen IHEs post. What happened after that? Falkirk just passed it up the park and scored?

Lad took it up the line - passed in field to Tassle Lapdancer who took a drag on his spliff, Granty lunged in fer a drag.. Tassle put the spliff in his left hand and went right with the ball..fed it through the middle to a totally unmarked Stokes who took three strides forward and stroked or stoked it home. My question was where was Dods? Hastings was the only one tracking back.

first thing i picked up on today was that we brought the quietest support ive ever seen for an ict game, ive been going to away games since the division 2 games and can honestly say todays was the quietest.  10/10 for the 4 guys who tried to get some kind of banter going though

the game.... we were shocking, we didnt look interested at all, the lack of fitness or motivation after wednesdays late winner was there for all to see.  its disapointing (yet excusable) to see players under perform sometimes, but when the entire team does its a real worry.  even the usual dependable numbers like brown or munro were at fault today, mark especially looked like he couldve done more for all three goals

falkirk are awful, truely awful, i can see why some of their fans want yogi out now as the result was completley reliant on stokes ability to outrun our disinterested center backs at crucial times.  everything else the rest of their team attempted was embarrassing to watch, at one point twaddle even cleared the ball of OUR goal line when he looked certain to make it 4.  dont be fooled into thinking 3-1 isnt so bad a result in the grander scheme of things, as we are a **** of alot better than them and this was a disaster all round.  if they were any good we wouldve lost 6 or 7 goals as was mentioned earlier.

we never used to get humped by anybody, if we did lose it was always by 1 goal and we'd be on the scoresheet ourselves, now we're getting torn new ar$eholes on a regular basis.*

* before somebody asks me to point to exactly where we're getting 'torn new ar$eholes' in terms of results,  then i guess we arent yet but its coming.  we play a **** of alot of games now where we never look like we're capable of winning (or even competing) and today was just the latest, they might aswell of beat us 7-1 as that wouldve reflected how poor we were.  as it happens 3-1 is more a reflection on their own inadiquacies than ours, bizarrely

It wisnae a throw RIG!

Clacher, the only bit where I agree with you is that Falkirk are mince  :015: :015: :015: :015:

It's their good fortune they've been able to rely on Stokes to score every week. No idea who's paying his wages. Some people could argue it's a bit like cheating, getting loan players, something that kept County in a false position in previous years, but good luck to them anyway.

We (and Rangers) played on Wednesday night so had only 2 days to recover. All the others, including Falkirk) played Tuesday afternoon. Very few teams got a good result yesterday. Barry was rested. We missed him badly. All the other stuff, errors etc, you can't budget for. The fact is, Falkirk got all their goals in a 12 min spell when they were on top. You can forget the second half. 10 men 3 goals down, it was like a training match.

I think we'll do OK with the ar$ehole we've got this season, but I admit CC will have to find some answers next year.