FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

steven doris

lukemackay

Just seeing hes been on trial at brummy, and has impressed! Must say not bad for someone who who works in argos in perth.

At 24 hes just hitting his peak, all credit to him, watched him in the arbroath vs celtic replay, and was impressed with his all round play. Should a deal not come from brummy then i wouldnt mind seeing him in an ict shirt.

http://www.teamtalk.co.za/championship/8396246/Arbroath-striker-Steven-Doris-impresses-Lee-Clark-on-trial-at-Birmingham-City

Just seeing hes been on trial at brummy, and has impressed! Must say not bad for someone who who works in argos in perth.

At 24 hes just hitting his peak, all credit to him, watched him in the arbroath vs celtic replay, and was impressed with his all round play. Should a deal not come from brummy then i wouldnt mind seeing him in an ict shirt.

http://www.teamtalk.co.za/championship/8396246/Arbroath-striker-Steven-Doris-impresses-Lee-Clark-on-trial-at-Birmingham-City

No Luke!! He's on trial at Birmingham. A Brummy is a person from that city. Had you used the colloquial term Brum, which incidently is short for Brummagem, a name used for Birmingham in the middle ages, then you would have gotten away with it.

Whatever happened to that other high scorer who left Scotland for Birmingham........ah yes he's with Swindon Town.

No Luke!! He's on trial at Birmingham. A Brummy is a person from that city. Had you used the colloquial term Brum, which incidently is short for Brummagem, a name used for Birmingham in the middle ages, then you would have gotten away with it.

Whatever happened to that other high scorer who left Scotland for Birmingham........ah yes he's with Swindon Town.

He would be better coming to us for game time

No Alex!!, Luke would not have got away with using the term Brum.  Brum is used to refer to the city of Birmingham and not to that city's 2nd football club.  A player could be on trial there and be desribed as being on trial in Brum or at Birmingham - but not at Brum.

Saying "at Brummy" is equivalent to saying someone playing for Liverpool is "at Scouser".  In any case, "Brummy" is a mis-spelling and the correct spelling goes against the normal spelling rules and is "Brummie".

Now I've got that off my chest, I think i'll have a kipper tie - with milk and 2 sugars.  Don't you just love that accent!