Why do we put up with this?

SMEE

No...for once...its nothing to do witch ICT.

With British Gas announcing a 35% hike in customers prices, i got to thinking, why do we let companies take the p!ss like this? I think its disgusting. As long as we sit by and do nothing, these highwaymen will continue to rob us. Centrica (Same group as British Gas) are expected to post healthy profits tommorow to add insult to injury.  :020: :020:

Guest birdog

The basis for inflation is that electronic goods depreciate every 4 to 5 months, think about the price of digital TVs PCs and games consoles, the real cost of living is going through the roof but the government would love us to believe that because an Xbox360 has dropped from ?350 to ?180 that means the cost of living has dropped. Smoke and fecking mirrors, they think we are fecking stupid.

Believe me there is a general strike round the corner, it happens every time we are dumb enough to vote labour into power.

I am not a torry btw but they are not any worse than the chit we have in atm.

SNP  the only way forward.

Hey its not just you guys !!!!

We have a city mayor who leans towards the NDP (think left of centre like labour)

We have a provincial government that is liberal (equivalent to Lib Dems)

and a Federal government that is Conservative .....

bottom line is that we are being screwed by them all, manufacturing jobs are disappearing like nobody's business and petrol prices have gone up by about 70% in just over a year ......

We are told year after year that the rate of inflation  here in Canada is is 2% or 2.2%. However,...... jeez , what a surprise,......food and the cost of petrol  is excluded from the categories of product used to calculate the index.

Including these, with both having rocketed recently, the rate is more like 5% but the lower figure is much more to the government's liking especially when the annual increase comes along for the Old age pensioners...effectively condemning them to an ever deceasing standard of living.

Governments in general are disgusting. :rolleyes02:

No...for once...its nothing to do witch ICT.

With British Gas announcing a 35% hike in customers prices, i got to thinking, why do we let companies take the p!ss like this? I think its disgusting. As long as we sit by and do nothing, these highwaymen will continue to rob us. Centrica (Same group as British Gas) are expected to post healthy profits tommorow to add insult to injury.  :020: :020:

SMEE, your third sentence answers your first. People should move to another company to object.

People should move to another company to object

All the other companies will up thier prices within the next month or so.

And yet if any of them didn't, and everyone moved to these companies, the added business would compensate for the lack of increased prices.

I was thinking about getting a capped rate and would do so but i bought my own flat just over a year ago and it was an old couple who lived there previously.  My gas and electricity bills were pretty high and increased over the winter.  Near the start of the year someone read my meters.  My next gas bill was the princely sum of around ?3.62 and my electricity bill was about ?152 in credit!!  Seems the old couple must've used a lot more gas and electricity than I do!  If I didn't have the money in credit I'd move to a different company and cap it.

Maybe I can cap it with the same company?

Here in Latvia inflation is 17% gas going up 60% and Electricity 25% Vodka remains the same!!

Mind you the Govt here see fit to build a library at enormous expense  and at the same time planning to build a new concert hall

They have refused to increase pensions hence old people really struggling, suppose they could eat books if really hungry!!!

What REALLY annoys me about these big corporations is, if "profits" take a hit, rather than take it on the nose and accept its the gamble you take in business.....they just up the costs to us the customer so we absorb the blow.

They walk all over us, and we just accept it :020: