FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewsters Replacement

ICTBTTH

Alex Macleod wrote: "I dont think he's ready for managing but he does have something many others dont. the backing and coaching of a man with a very good footballing brain...............his father."

Jock Stein, Bill Shankly and Matt Busby were all great managers doesn't mean there sons were. On that logic we should sign Callum Best as a player, because his father could play a bit. :rotflmao:

Edited by stomach

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Macleod wrote: "I dont think he's ready for managing but he does have something many others dont. the backing and coaching of a man with a very good footballing brain...............his father."

Jock Stein, Bill Shankly and Matt Busby were all great managers doesn't mean there sons were. On that logic we should sign Callum Best as a player, because his father could play a bit. :rotflmao:

Not what I said...........if you re-read my post you'll see I said Barry would have the backing and coaching from his father

I dont think he's ready for managing but he does have something many others dont. the backing and coaching of a man with a very good footballing brain...............his father.

Sorry, just don't see what difference that would make

Gary McAllister has been sacked because of what we are in. 5 straight defeats. Plus he turned down the Scotland job because he wanted to stay south of the border. Why an earth would he come here?

Taking a manager back is being proved to be bad right now. So why would we do it again????

We require someone to come in who has a wide connection for possible transfer targets, has experience and who commands respect. At 61 years of age someone like Brue Rioch couldn't turn down a reasonable offer. Then again there are those who say-out of our league-why would he come to the highlands of Scotland?- too expensive. We have to ask first, before it's established whether anyone is a real contender or not. It's too easy to revert/hide within the village mentality. Going "Back to the Future" might work in the movies but in reality often ends in failure.

A few people have mentioned Barry Wilson for manager.

What evidence are they basing this on?

Wilson was a great player, arguably our best ever player. That does not mean though that he will make a good manager, take Brewster for example - great player, shockingly bad manager.

I still think that SPL management should be earned and not handed to someone on a plate (CC,Brew(twice)).

Totally agree with you, Brewster is proof positive that this is not a league to learn your trade in.

I've said before that Robbo learned the ropes as an assistant before taking control and his record may be patchy but it was all relatively positive. He would IMHO be the ideal candidate for a stopgap manager until the end of season, if he turns things around then offer him a deal.

No way for Dodds. Can't stand him as a pundit. Let alone potential manager and Malpas would be worse than Brewster.

Bruce Rioch, Craig Brown, may'be Paul Lambert. I know his record at Livingston was poor but his record at Wycombe was pritty good.

Really don't want Robbo back. We can't keep going back it is being proved right now. Somone new has to be brought in, someone never associated with us before.

I agree 100%