FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dead Ipod Touch 8gb

Premier ICT

:rotflmao:

My son dropped his iPod into a pool of water, switched it on ( :thumb04: ) and is now completely unresponsive. I dried it out in the airing cupboard, but it's still unresponsive.

Question is, is there someone local that repairs / assesses these things in the Inverness area? I'm pretty sure it fried, but it may be of some use to someone.

I've seen a few adverts for repair companies on the net, and they seem to charge a set amount for specific faults, but "gone smimming" never appears on the list. The apple web site doesn't help either.

Thanks.

:rotflmao:

My son dropped his iPod into a pool of water, switched it on ( :thumb04: ) and is now completely unresponsive. I dried it out in the airing cupboard, but it's still unresponsive.

Question is, is there someone local that repairs / assesses these things in the Inverness area? I'm pretty sure it fried, but it may be of some use to someone.

I've seen a few adverts for repair companies on the net, and they seem to charge a set amount for specific faults, but "gone smimming" never appears on the list. The apple web site doesn't help either.

Thanks.

His biggest mistake was immediately trying to switch it on which will have shorted the whole thing and, like you said, fried it.

Because the circuitry is all integrated on the Touch AFAIK, there are no changeable components - hence making a repair pretty fruitless. Be best claiming it on your contents insurance and say he dropped it in the loo or something. You may be able to get a couple of quid for it on Ebay if you're lucky but almost certainly no more than about ?10.

ipod uses flash memory not HD.

do a google search for "fix ipod touch dropped in water" and click on some of the links. not sure if they will help or not as the first few were video links and streaming video is blocked here at work. Of the normal webpage links, most seem to mention not switching it on so you may be fried !

Just as a wee aside, meh Brother in law,without realisin, drapped his eh-pod getting out of the car in Buckie on the coldest night of the year,pishing wi rain,it lay in the road all night and was well gubbed when he found it in the morning having been driven over! took it inside despondant and resigned to buying a new ane but plugged the ear phones in to see whit happened and was amazaed to hear Status Qou(he's nae got much musical taste) at top volume!! amazing it worked after that, so ya never know. :rotflmao:

• 2 weeks later...

i used these guys when my i pod fritzed, highly recomend,very efficient and pods like new now :018:

i pod repiar centre

Thanks everyone for their answers. I'll try the service that Heilandee suggested and, if that doesn't work out, try flogging it on eBay as a broken ipod.

Cheers.

Just a bit of closure on this topic. I tried Heilandee's ipod repair centre suggestion and - RESULT! - the ipod has been repaired and returned as good as new. Only a 30 day guarantee for the repair :rotflmao: (because ipod had been subject to imersion in water) but otherwise chuffed to bits :thumb04: