FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Smoking area for half time

kiltarlity

I am an addicted smoker and find it uncomfortable to go 1 hour 45mins + without a fag. I'm sure many other fans are the same. Could we have a smoking area so that those of us with this problem, could at least get a fag at half time.

As far as I understand it, I cannot leave the stadium at half time for a fag and come back in.. This is daft, if I go to see a play at Eden Court I can.. I'm a paying customer, what I do in the break and where I go, is surely up to me. Why can I not do so at TCS?

Do other clubs provide an area??

Edited by kiltarlity

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOOO this is abit taboo, at forres you could smoke when not in the main stand and over 75 it seemed, I would be nice to have something to be honest but in todays rules and laws I just go with it, I agree it would be awsome but then there would be a cost to it, I was thinking about having like a penned of area at one of the turnstiles where we could go at half time for a puff but then it would still need cleaned up after, we adults know how to use bins but some dont.... Its a fair comment and request in my eyes, but i wont be holding my smoky breath, Birdog uses snuff... But again some Ned will be thinking Birdog is a coke snorter lol, Pass the snuff BD

just go to the bogs for a quick puff .

I'd rather not break the law! and why should other non-smokers have to put up with my second hand smoke in an enclosed area.. Surely a sensable solution could be found. At a recent cup game I was able to get outside thanks to the fact that some reasonable person had left the door where the Aberdeen Angus van (wasn't there) usually is open..

Edited by kiltarlity

It may do, but because it states as a term and condition does not mean necesserily it's legally enforcable.

Anyhow, how often does someone get tannoyed to move there car ect.. presumably these people get back in?

Edited by kiltarlity

Guest birdog

OOOO this is abit taboo, at forres you could smoke when not in the main stand and over 75 it seemed, I would be nice to have something to be honest but in todays rules and laws I just go with it, I agree it would be awsome but then there would be a cost to it, I was thinking about having like a penned of area at one of the turnstiles where we could go at half time for a puff but then it would still need cleaned up after, we adults know how to use bins but some dont.... Its a fair comment and request in my eyes, but i wont be holding my smoky breath, Birdog uses snuff... But again some Ned will be thinking Birdog is a coke snorter lol, Pass the snuff BD

I use snus at times too, I prefer that to snuff but it's a b!tch to get a hold of seeing as it's banned in the EU, chewing tobacco is legal but horrible to use. If you can get hold of snus it's by far the best smokeless tobacco alternative.

Guest birdog

Lot easier to have a puff in the bogs if you ask me .

Not IMO snus is very enjoyable and guarantees the "first fag" nicotine hit every time, snuff takes a while to kick in in comparison and is not as potent, I am quite happy to respect others' right not to inhale second hand smoke these days.

Guest birdog

Better still.... pack them in... You'll save a fortune and live longer.

True but you wont look as cool or hard .

Excellent post.

I've tried packing it in.. I've a history of success with packing in addiction having stopped drinking due to addiction many years ago.

However, I'm finding stopping smoking impossible... the help isn't the same... When I came off booze I was able to stay in a clinic for a while away from it. and was given drugs to keep my calm through the withdrawals. Sadly, no such treatment is avaliable to heavy smokers (that I have found!)

And what about those who choose to smoke??

Edited by kiltarlity

There's plenty of medical evidence which proves non-smokers live longer...

You know that 6 month period when your lying in bed, terminally ill, doubly incontinent, in great pain and discomfort?

If you're a non-smoker that 6 month period can become 1 year!

Guest birdog

I've tried packing it in.. I've a history of success with packing in addiction having stopped drinking due to addiction many years ago.

However, I'm finding stopping smoking impossible... the help isn't the same... When I came off booze I was able to stay in a clinic for a while away from it. and was given drugs to keep my calm through the withdrawals. Sadly, no such treatment is avaliable to heavy smokers (that I have found!)

And what about those who choose to smoke??

You will know that with any addiction you need to want to stop otherwise it is impossible, I enjoy tobacco very much and there is no way, in the near future, that I would be able to kick it.

I'm pretty certain that this issue was raised with the club last season by someone on here and that the response was that the club has 'no plans' to introduce a smoking area. As far as I know very few clubs do offer this facility - Aberdeen is one which does, and possibly also Kilmarnock? Perhaps it has something to do with this notion of being 'health-promoting clubs', although that is undermined a little by the type of food sold at most grounds!

IMO, as long as smoking remains legal and cigarettes are sold in this country, it's discriminatory not to provide a ventilated area with ashtrays where people can smoke without others being affected by second-hand smoke or discarded cigarette ends. However, the majority of those with the power to make these decisions seem to disagree and I don't see this changing.

Guest birdog

Addictions eh - what about a voddie and coke area then.

Could Feb8th be enticed from retirement to steward the spirits area?

IMO, as long as smoking remains legal and cigarettes are sold in this country, it's discriminatory not to provide a ventilated area with ashtrays where people can smoke without others being affected by second-hand smoke or discarded cigarette ends.

I think ICT should rent out spacesuits, say ?5 for 90 mins. A real bargain if you ask me, a packet of fags would go much further.

Cant something similar to what nightclubs that have no outside smoking area withing the club premises be brought in? ie. at half time, if you go out you get a stamp on yur hand, or a band and just show it as your coming back in?