FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Foran (direct enough?)

kiltarlity

A few posters on here think things might have been different on Saturday if we had got the penalty.

However I don't think anyone has mentioned that at one point, Foran was clear through on goal and passed the ball to Eagle on his left, rather than taking the shot. I was surprised to see this, and even more surprised to see TB applaud him for for pass.

In fact, I actually was begining to think I'd imagined it, until I read a match report and the reporter mentioned it.

Did I miss something, was their a reason he didn't shoot and pass it? and why was TB happy about it?, can anyone shed some light ??

Edited by kiltarlity

He did good on Saturday, you cant fault him for that.

I dont actually remember that incident on Saturday so i cant comment but i am pleased with his effort and commitment so far...

The problem with picking a single incident, especially this one, is that it's quite feasible that the pass was the correct option. Had he gone for the shot and missed then we could just as easily be sitting here asking why he didn't play the pass when we had other players better placed.

However, in saying that, I do think that our front players need to continue working on "taking their chances". We're better than we were at the start of the season, but we're a long way from being effective in front of goal.

We just have to hope that things continue to improve.

I was totally baffled when he tryed to cut it back to Eagle, i really don't know what was going through his mind but i agree with what CaleyD says.

Can only hope things improve.

I didn't see the incident, but I'd be inclined to give Foran the benefit of the doubt. He did tremendous work getting to the bye-line and cutting it back for our second equaliser against Dundee, and maybe he had that in mind. I expected Foran to be a little more prolific too this season, given his past scoring record with Motherwell, but perhaps he will get more chances once the team starts to gel a bit more. It's still very early in the season.

I think he will do just fine, but I am concerned about his lack of goals, even against lesser opposition. I know he scored two against Annan or some other wee team, but he could and should have scored six in that game. Nonetheless, give him a few weeks and hopefully he will forge a scoring partnership with Hayes or Eagle or maybe even Rooney or Barrowman.