No Midfield

tm4tj

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats Cox done so bad to have been kicked out?

For me, Cox has slowly deteriorated from his good start to the season. In the space of 2 months, he has become a shadow of his former self. I mean, I failed to notice he was on the field yesterday until I saw him chasing a ball at the north end of the pitch in the second half.

For me, Cox has slowly deteriorated from his good start to the season. In the space of 2 months, he has become a shadow of his former self. I mean, I failed to notice he was on the field yesterday until I saw him chasing a ball at the north end of the pitch in the second half.

I think he was one of our better players yesterday.

Agree with that 100%. Ever since his cast came off hes being very poor

I like all the teams we've put up anyway, and cant help but notice its mostly SPL Vets and old School, I like it!! Cox Hayes and Foran, are about the only good thing TB's got us.... they wont be here long all the same.

I like all the teams we've put up anyway, and cant help but notice its mostly SPL Vets and old School, I like it!! Cox Hayes and Foran, are about the only good thing TB's got us.... they wont be here long all the same.

I have to say I'm not looking forward to the inevitable rebuilding process that we will have to go through when (not if) we fail to win promotion. We can kiss goodbye to Esson, Foran, Hayes, Cox, Odhiambo and virtually all of the players that we have on short-term contracts.

If Savage is planning something of a coup, may I suggest he tries it sooner rather than later as Sutherland is fecking killing us.

I have to say I'm not looking forward to the inevitable rebuilding process that we will have to go through when (not if) we fail to win promotion. We can kiss goodbye to Esson, Foran, Hayes, Cox, Odhiambo and virtually all of the players that we have on short-term contracts.

Can't see Imrie hangin about too long either, and with the way things are with Roy McBain, he'll be off too

As i said on another thread lads and lassies, we need and should go back to basics, home grown team with a manger with a long term plan... not a season maybe... 5/6 years..

i was talking to my brother last night and said that based on players we have just now out line up should be

esson

proc or tokely (undecided on which) munro A NEW CB(bully is a bombscare) zadi

hayes mcbain duncan/cox imrie

foran odi

Now if duff had been played instead on bombscare bully he hopefully wouldnt have got injured and he would be slotted in there. i felt that this team would be a mtach for most teams in the league with obviously having the likes of rooney, barrowman, sanchez, stratford, duncan/cox on the bench to bring on if needed.

Div, your fix it by staying with one bomb scare and adding in another, I dont see it dude. We dont have the cash to stump up for a good CB, and whats to chose from with rossco and Proc, ive seen proc twice and to be honest is a bit of a bomb scare this year from what ive seen...

i was talking to my brother last night and said that based on players we have just now out line up should be

esson

proc or tokely (undecided on which) munro A NEW CB(bully is a bombscare) zadi

hayes mcbain duncan/cox imrie

foran odi

Now if duff had been played instead on bombscare bully he hopefully wouldnt have got injured and he would be slotted in there. i felt that this team would be a mtach for most teams in the league with obviously having the likes of rooney, barrowman, sanchez, stratford, duncan/cox on the bench to bring on if needed.

Bully is a bombscare, do you not think zadi is a bigger bombscare :D

Personally I don't think you can have Duncan and Cox playing in the same team. They are far too similar. Cox appeared to be pushed further up the pitch yesterday. Don't think he was at all effective there.

We need a bigger presence in Central defence. What about making LDZ a CB beside munro? we know he can hoof it up field(if he would stop trying to beat the strikers first)?

Are you trying to Whooosh me here?

LDZ is to much of a liability anywhere on the back line, Grant had/has enough to deal with at the back, when LDZ was LB and Bull in Center back, I'd have LDZ at a push as LM if we were short at least then we'd have cover behind him, he does have his moments to be honest but is a bombscare in Defence.

I don't think Cox is half as good as everyone (including myself) first thought, plenty of effort but no quality. We have no balance in the centre and no one who will switch the play = predictable football, very easy to defend.

I wasn't Black's biggest fan because he was a wee 5hite but that's the one thing that he did very well, whenever he had the ball he showed composure, waited for the defenders to move in the direction they expected the ball to go and then switch the pass in the other direction. We don't have anyone in the team who has the composure, intelligence or balls to see the second pass

Stratford takes too long on the ball.

I wish Duncan would drop the attitude because it would be a lot easier to feel sorry for him, he does a lot of good things when he's on the park.... plays anchor, positioning is excellent, basically gets stuck in... but can't pass for 5hit! To be fair when you look at some of the best defensive midfielders in the world none of them were/are known for their passing capabilities i.e. Makelele, Keane, Souness, Gago, Mascherano, De Jong...... Lennon :lol:

McBain is the answer!!!

I wish Duncan would drop the attitude because it would be a lot easier to feel sorry for him, he does a lot of good things when he's on the park.... plays anchor, positioning is excellent, basically gets stuck in... but can't pass for 5hit! To be fair when you look at some of the best defensive midfielders in the world none of them were/are known for their passing capabilities i.e. Makelele, Keane, Souness, Gago, Mascherano, De Jong...... Lennon :lol:

Gago! :lol: F'ck sake Gary!

Whilst none of those players are renowned for their passing ability (apart from maybe Pirlo who is a wonderful passer of the ball) what they did do was perform simple short passes to retain the ball. Sadly Duncan struggles even with passes of around 5 yards. A pretty key skill for a midfielder to have!

Edited by RiG

I don't think Cox is half as good as everyone (including myself) first thought, plenty of effort but no quality. We have no balance in the centre and no one who will switch the play = predictable football, very easy to defend.

I wasn't Black's biggest fan because he was a wee 5hite but that's the one thing that he did very well, whenever he had the ball he showed composure, waited for the defenders to move in the direction they expected the ball to go and then switch the pass in the other direction. We don't have anyone in the team who has the composure, intelligence or balls to see the second pass

Stratford takes too long on the ball.

McBain is the answer!!!

Harrys on Fire!!!

However I wont give Duncan paise, But id Give Mcbain a chance...

Gago! :lol: F'ck sake Gary!

Whilst none of those players are renowned for their passing ability (apart from maybe Pirlo who is a wonderful passer of the ball) what they did do was perform simple short passes to retain the ball. Sadly Duncan struggles even with passes of around 5 yards. A pretty key skill for a midfielder to have!

lol Gago's a cracking player... or certainly will be.

I was trying to think of combative midfielders to compare him to... the likes of Pirlo, Carrick & Alonso play in the deeper midfield position but they are not what I'd call a defensive/combative midfielder... they're job is to keep the ball moving they wont make challenges and aren't in the team to cover the defence.

De Rossi (that's the player I was thinking of)... you can replace Gago with De Rossi RIG ;)

Edited by Harry Chibber

Gago is garbage. He runs about the pitch kicking people :lol:

Take your point about the different defensive midfielders. I thought you were lumping them all together hence why I brought up Pirlo. De Rossi is a cracking player.

Keane scored the odd goal. Gago does absolutely nothing apart from kick people.

Aquilani was excellent but still to really see anything of note from him at Liverpool. I also like Ya Ya Toure and Cambiasso as well.