Singing section

12th Man

Could some people stop turning this thread into a petty argument. Be it home or away it is fact that like minded people sitting together will generate more noise. It is fact that players respond to the noise. It is also fact that the people who make noise at away games stay silent at home. And before anyone tries to counter that statement cast your minds back to a day last season when the north stand was silent, the team were crying out for support and I try to encourage the famous section G to make some noise only to find myself having to absord a tirade of abuse.

Well what ive found is that its not a case of Section G cant sing at home, its more a case of they WONT sing at home because we get no help from others and all we get is abuse from some fans(who actually sit in Section G) or its the club stewards(who havent being that bad lately)

Ignore them or make them the target of your songs, compose a song along the lines "you only moan when we're singing" or something similar they will soon stop when a few of you single them out. As for others not joining in why not print up some song sheets and hand them out to others around you with a message asking if they would be so kind as to print off a few copies themselves and pass them around. If you speak nicely to Scotty he might find some space for you to publish the songs here (but make sure he lets you retain the intellectual property rights) you can then put an address for the songs on your sheet, giving CTO some advertising too. Or contact one of the Supporters Trust they may be willing to help with printing costs and could have the song sheets handed out by programme or 50/50 draw sellers.

Edited by Birdog2

I've said it before and I'll say it again - true fans buy at least 2 pies at every home game. Anything less and you are just a part timer.

This is totally unfair!!

Why Bovril is ignored I just don't know. Pies, pies, pies, that's all we hear if you want to be a REAL fan - never poor old Bovril.

I submit that Bovril does aid singing better than your common pie - or two!