FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

TCS Pitch

Renegade

Anyone else noticed that the current TCS pitch is a bit smaller than it was before? When you look at it side on it certainly looks a few feet shorter than it used to. Also when you sit near one of the corners, you can see where the byline used to be. Has anyone else noticed this, and why has it been done?

Anyone else noticed that the current TCS pitch is a bit smaller than it was before? When you look at it side on it certainly looks a few feet shorter than it used to. Also when you sit near one of the corners, you can see where the byline used to be. Has anyone else noticed this, and why has it been done?

Hadnt noticed could it be due to the under soil piping joints

Could be wrong but a few years back was our pitch not the biggest in the country? Second only to Hampden?

Our playing surface was the biggest in the country at one point as it was the maximum allowable size. It was bigger than Hampden !!! Not sure what it is now or indeed if the size is still the same as I dont get down there very often :P

Could be wrong but a few years back was our pitch not the biggest in the country? Second only to Hampden?

Our playing surface was the biggest in the country at one point as it was the maximum allowable size. It was bigger than Hampden !!! Not sure what it is now or indeed if the size is still the same as I dont get down there very often :P

I thought it was something like that. Back in the day when we had Davie Bagan on the wing.. Ahh Bliss.

I think one of the reasons we have such a poor home record is down to the size of our pitch.. we don't exactly utalise every blade of the grass... if it was a tighter pitch it would suit our more direct football

Thats an interesting point as the pitch with its camber sloping down from the centre to each wing (more for drainage than anything else) and its maximum size dimensions was attributed in the early days as one of the reasons for our success ....

we were a team who could use the wings and took advantage of the wide field. I guess over the years we have become less cavalier in our playing style relying more on the direct route than the passing game that usually sees us do well when we attempt it.

I think one of the reasons we have such a poor home record is down to the size of our pitch.. we don't exactly utalise every blade of the grass... if it was a tighter pitch it would suit our more direct football

I think you're right, but now we have Hayes, and if we could get Imre playing well again then we would do well. Two good wingers using the space availible.

I can understand where you are coming from but TCS is starting to turn in to a fortress again but on the quiet this time, we haven't actually lost at home in all competitions since 10/10/09, 3 months ago. Dundees current run is 3 days. :tonguecheek:

I can understand where you are coming from but TCS is starting to turn in to a fortress again but on the quiet this time, we haven't actually lost at home in all competitions since 10/10/09, 3 months ago. Dundees current run is 3 days. :)

The TCS is still not fortress because teams now come here believing they can take 3 points away from here when we were in the SPL we had that fear factor. Until we can play like every time we go forward we look like scoring will this fear factor come back to all other teams.

I can understand where you are coming from but TCS is starting to turn in to a fortress again but on the quiet this time, we haven't actually lost at home in all competitions since 10/10/09, 3 months ago. Dundees current run is 3 days. :blink:

Fair point, although I'm still more confident when I see we have an away fixture