FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

media coverage on Tuesday

TopSix

With the huns playing St J on Tuesday night, are we going to be subjected to having to listen to this near meaningless game or will there be open all mics coverage? I've had a look at the BBC Alba listings - doesn't look like they're showing this highland derby yet broadcast dundee v Qos last Tuesday.

Alba are showing St J v Rangers

No their not. Not sure if that was a really bad joke by you or if you were being serious :blink:

Apologies, misread the ad. They are showing the match at 10pm. They have a big advert on the front page of the Perthshire Advertiser.

There will be commentary on St. Johnstone v Rangers and there will be reporters at two other grounds - John Robertson in the case of the Caledonian Stadium and also Denfermline v Dundee. These are the only two First Division games at all relevant to the title race and, with the single SPL game, three games would not make a viable Open all Mics.

However I am sure that fans of both Highland clubs will be kept fully informed of progress in this game.

Remember this is 810MW only, ie not FM, and I am not sure what the internet arrangements will be although I seem to remember that games involving Rangers tend not to go out world wide.

There will be commentary on St. Johnstone v Rangers and there will be reporters at two other grounds - John Robertson in the case of the Caledonian Stadium and also Denfermline v Dundee.

Robbo covering both games?

His versatility knows no bounds.

Is there a contact for the BBC so we can write and complain? This is SH!TE having to sit and listen to a game which is nearly meaningless. I don't give a monkeys if St Johnstone finish top six or not. We'll be top six next year...

Edited by Top Six Next Year

There is no point complaining. the BBC (radio at least) do NOT possess the media rights to broadcast SFL games live, only the SPL and Scottish Cup. The best they can do to 'workaround' the issue is to host a program like open all mics when there are enough games on.