FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Man City to offer

SMEE

.....Joe Cole. IF true.....what a complete joke! Ad want Messi for that amount...and even then...hes not worth it!

Ad love to see a wage cap come into the game. ANY player who says they couldnt live on say ?10 000 per week needs to get a severe reality check!

A wage cap would cripple the English game, as the better players will just go elsewhere. This is just what happens when teams want the best players. Unforuntatly, the side effect is that players who aren't as good get paid more so it leaves the smaller clubs out.

A wage cap similar to what the MLS operate would be interesting, but it would never happen because it breaks EU Law, much like the transfer window but the EU pick and chose what they like.

Agreed, absolutely stupid money.

It reminds me of a couple of seasons ago when a player who's name I forget (possibly Rio Ferdinand) was offered a contract of ?105,000 a week, but claimed that he wanted ?110,000. Pretty sickening stuff really. A salary has to brought in before too long.

It reminds me of a couple of seasons ago when a player who's name I forget (possibly Rio Ferdinand) was offered a contract of ?105,000 a week, but claimed that he wanted ?110,000. Pretty sickening stuff really. A salary has to brought in before too long.

Could you be thinking of Ashley Cole? He was offered a ?55k p/w deal by Arsenal but thought that the offer was peanuts and wanted at least ?60k p/w.

Man City have the biggest bankroll in the world but they haven't managed to sign a single world class player. How can that be? Remember when they offered Kaka the highest wage in history, and 2 weeks later signed Craig Bellamy? :lol: Just goes to show the old cliche 'you can't buy class' applies to football as much as anything else in life. Only a matter of time till they end up back in the Championship where they belong.

I think it has a lot to do with their lack of Champions league involvement. Top top players will not join for mega money alone. But they've still managed to get Tevez, Adebayor, Viera(past his best but wealth of xp) Lescott, Given, Barry, Santa Cruz, Robinho (not as good as he thinks) Toure, and the promising Adam Johnson

I can see them over taking Liverpool, and Arsenal wont be far behind without alot of investment.

And in fairness Bellamy has been pretty good this season.

But no way is Joe Cole worth 180k a week. He's not even week in week out regular at Chelsea. How does a rotated player merit that much?!

Remember when they offered Kaka the highest wage in history, and 2 weeks later signed Craig Bellamy? :P

I'm biased but I don't think you could dispute that Bellamy has had a better season than Kaka !

As for the idea that city are just throwing money at it - fact! (as Rafa would say)

number of youth academy players to play for their 1st team this season:

City 10

Villa 4

Spurs 2

paying over the top wages to attract talent:

City are nly doing now what Liverpool, Arsenal, ManU and Chelsea......and if you go back far enough the likes of Huddersfield(!) hve done in the past. Of course the money is obscene, but I get more from watching football than from watching Robbie Williams and he earns milions too!

Edited by Drochit Blue

Man City have the biggest bankroll in the world but they haven't managed to sign a single world class player. How can that be? Remember when they offered Kaka the highest wage in history, and 2 weeks later signed Craig Bellamy? :P Just goes to show the old cliche 'you can't buy class' applies to football as much as anything else in life. Only a matter of time till they end up back in the Championship where they belong.

I remba to talking to a pal about this

were going to sign Kaka then got Bellamy

Torres end up with santa cruz

the list went on trying to sign world class players and ended up with okay to decent players or world class wages

Could you be thinking of Ashley Cole? He was offered a ?55k p/w deal by Arsenal but thought that the offer was peanuts and wanted at least ?60k p/w.

It could of been, I saw an interview with Jack Charlton recently and he brought it up, and it kinda jogged my memory on the whole thing. In the case of Cole, really what's he going to do with the extra five grand a week?

?180,000 a week for Joe Cole???

Wow, Man City are very desprate if they feel a Chelsea squad player is worth that.

Edited by ajsict92

.....Joe Cole. IF true.....what a complete joke! Ad want Messi for that amount...and even then...hes not worth it!

Ad love to see a wage cap come into the game. ANY player who says they couldnt live on say ?10 000 per week needs to get a severe reality check!

Source ?