FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Under soil heating

Doofer

With terry butcher saying ICT should be owed compensation for the club putting on the under soil heating when all the games have been cancelled this weekend ( which i think is totally correct of TB) it staggered me to read that blackpool, a team in arguably the best league in the world have not got undersoil heating and that the game against man utd might have to be cancelled. I recognise that it is colder in scotland but it a club like inverness HAS to have it play in the spl then surely all english premier league teams should have to have it

Thoughts?

Nah, it's just a daft rule the SPL made up along with the 10000 seats to make themselves sound important. Obviously the EPL have mair sense.

Yup, two points here.

* If it exists, the SPL will have a rule for it - which goes back to the days when the SPL still had delusions that they were really big fish. That is the third certainty of life following Death and Taxes - whatever it is, the SPL will have a rule for it. One of these rules is that all clubs must have USH. Along with the 10,000 seat rule (which ICT put paid to but which seems SO pretentiously absurd in the current day and age but which excluded likes of Falkirk to the benefit of Aberdeen) you could also keep the riff raff out by requiring USH.

* A Catch 22 has materialised regarding USH to the extent that when it becomes necessary to use it, conditions will in any case be extreme enough for the game to be put off by forces outwith the clubs who have the USH - ie by the Police or the SPL... who will, by yet another of their rules, fine you heftily if they don't put the game off but your pitch in unplayable because you haven't used your USH.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 1