Charlie Christie in the Sunday Times

beachcomber

I'm just amazed that so many choose to believe as gospel what's been written in a newspaper by a 3rd party  :004:

By agreeing to give the interview there was always the risk that anything he said could be misconstrued but how do you know that it is not 100% accurate? If they got it wrong then that's tough and no one will care how inaccurate the article is, the damage has been done.

there seems to be a menatllity with alot of fans tht you either think charlie is doing good or bad. i think that people should stop seeing so much in black and white

i agree with both sets of arguments. yes CC has made maistakes and does seem to be unambitious but is refusing to own up to this and blaming other causes. however we know how quickly ortunes can turn. a win tomorrow would be jst brilliant and i have full trust in CC to get us back on track. a manager isnt simply doing either good or bad any manager in the country is doing good things and bad things from mourinho to fergie. and anyway mayb weel come out a better side from this bad run of form as like strachan says if it doesnt kill you, itl mak yu stronger

I thought this was an excellent and very believable interview with one of the most articulate managers in the SPL.

It was a good piece of journalism, and one from which Charlie emerged with a whole lot of credit....

I would be very surprised if he should claim that he never said half of this, or that he was in any way mis-quoted. I also cannot believe the amount of nit-picking that has gone into an article comprising a few straightforward questions which were answered with a rare and straightforward honesty....

Isn't it time we had a CC free zone in the ICT forums on this site..? There are currently seven topics on Page 1 alone, more or less inviting criticism on the manager.

Am I the only one that's beginning to find the whole thing a wee bit tedious?

".....and I think it would be a bad decision for the club to lose my experience."

The tone of the interview alarms me.

Christie actually believes he's good at this!

I believe most of you already know my feelings on 10CC's Managerial Abilities - but if anyone needs reminding please feel free to ask.

Let's hope he sticks in with the Italian -

he can maybe buy an ice-cream van with his redundancy payment.

I have never seen so much guff written by 'expert analysts' about a subject we once again know everything about.

But one line that is being misconstrued is the finishing 11th and 10th. Surely the rationale behind this was that we can build on this over a number of years without being accused of failure. The sudden lurch to the verge of the top six has left very little leeway for anything, we are almost at our maximum with the current squad. Now that CC is the manager the only way is down, I don't mean relegation, but maybe not finishing so high up the league. I hope all you CC bashers are happy with the undermining of his confidence, because you are only contributing to the downfall of the team, well done.

Once again CC can't do right for doing wrong.

It is not a case of "bashing" - most of it is fair criticism. I suspect that if it wasnt "one of our own" that the comments would not be watered down and there would be cries to look for another manager. I cant believe that anyone can see his comments in the interview as articulate and positive. As I have already emphasised is that my "beef" is in regard to his rationalising or denying mistakes and emotionally trying to place the blame elsewhere. It shows a lack of tact, diplomacy and experience.

He has made a lot of tactical mistakes which would happen to any inexperienced manager - but he has repeated them !!

It is not a case of "bashing" - most of it is fair criticism. I suspect that if it wasnt "one of our own" that the comments would not be watered down and there would be cries to look for another manager. I cant believe that anyone can see his comments in the interview as articulate and positive. As I have already emphasised is that my "beef" is in regard to his rationalising or denying mistakes and emotionally trying to place the blame elsewhere. It shows a lack of tact, diplomacy and experience.

He has made a lot of tactical mistakes which would happen to any inexperienced manager - but he has repeated them !!

You make him sound like Tony "feckin" Blair....!!  :020:

CC's is on the way up.....!! :022: