Positive thoughts...

CaleyCanary

Right, let's put it in perspective, it was a big disappointment to miss out on a Hampden awayday but it was just the League cup after all and we've got the 'proper' cup still to look forward to.

And despite all the woe at Easter Road, everything else at the weekend was going in our favour with all the games ending in draws! We still have clear blue water between us and 4th place and now have 2 games in hand on Hibs, Aberdeen and United  :smile:

A win on Wednesday at Paisley sets us up very nicely so let's ditch the negative vibes and get back to being all happy, smiley and proud.

:ictscarf:

• Agree 4

Praiseworthy indeed from a man who experienced a Luton Town shock. From a psychological perspective the depression of the weekend should have lifted to renewed positive anticipation and belief. The most effective "tonic" would be a return to winning ways tonite and on Saturday. Personally I would take a point at Midden initially. Tonite will be a big test of the togetherness, aspirations and confidence of ICT.

I enjoyed my trip to Edinburgh last Saturday it was a good fan bonding day out. As for the match, level at full time, level at extra time and they sneak through on penalties, even though Macdonald never even saved any. Unfortunately we didnt make the final, it doesnt carry the same interest as the Scottish cup which is a shame because its more of a pedigree cup, you have to be good to reach the semis and we only narrowly missed out on the final, we didnt get humped and beat an ex champions league club along the way. Gretna got to the Scottish cup final without playing against a single SPL club I would say we achieved more than that very nearly getting to the final of the pedigree cup.

Back to the Scottish cup run, think about how it felt to earn a replay against Ross County, think about the fans, the noise, the result. Think about the replay, think about the night, the noise, the success, think about the training, the hard work, the diet, the self belief, on the pitch think in the present, think in the here and now, think off how good you can be, believe in yourself and believe in you team mates and finally good luck in the cup.

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 1