Poll : Billy Mckay's price tag

Yngwie

McKay's transfer value  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What is the minimum bid you'd accept to sell Billy McKay in the January window?

• £250,000
    • £500,000
    • £750,000
    • £1,000,000
    • £1,500,000
    • £2,000,000
    • £3,000,000

Billy's worth is not base on how many he has missed but how many he has scored.

The pass from Williams last Saturday right across the face of the goal, and others, was missed by Billy by a hair's breadth. On another day he would have scored.

With only 9 days to go to the end of the January window it's getting less likely that he will be off. Playing the waiting game is useful in negotiations from the buyer's point of view but the longer they leave it means that their chances lessen too.

But if he stays and scores the winning goal in the Final then his valuation will soar---hopefully.

It's Mckay...small "k"

Why does the price only go up as far as £3 Million?

His value should be set at what we think he is worth plus the cost of a replacement, especially as we don't have anyone to step in already on the books.

• Agree 1

BBC Gossip section:

"Peterborough director of football Barry Fry has admitted defeat in his quest to sign St Johnstone striker Stevie May and Inverness CT marksman Billy McKay." (Mail)

Can't find the article online, so I don't know if they have had a bit rejected, or just cooled their interest after seeing Billy's poor finishing on Saturday. Just 1 goal from his last 6 games means his value has undoubtedly dropped since this poll was started, either that or Billyhas been trying to deter bids cos he wants to stay,  and will revert to previous scoring form this weekend after the window shuts.

Edited by Yngwie

I can't find the Barry Fry article either.

You're right Yngwie,  Billy's lack of goals in recent weeks undoubtedly will have put off some interested parties.  As I've said in earlier posts on this thread I always thought many posters on here were hugely optimistic with their valuations in the millions for Billy.

A nice hat trick on the big stage on Sunday might change things in the summer.

Eurosport make this brief but hopefully accurate statement:

Inverness have held on to top goalscorer Billy McKay for another few months after manager John Hughes confirmed no-one else would leave the club before the window closed.

Good.  He's been very close a few times.  I don't think he is off form, it's just been a few good saves and a touch of luck.

To think Celtic could have signed Mckay and Stevie May instead of Bangura and Pukki.  They'd have more goals and probably over a couple of million left over.

Inverness have held on to top goalscorer Billy McKay for another few months after manager John Hughes confirmed no-one else would leave the club before the window closed.

Maybe, just to be on the safe side, Yogi could stick him in the boot of his car just until midnight tomorrow.

Maybe, just to be on the safe side, Yogi could stick him in the boot of his car just until midnight tomorrow.

Yogi stating on today's prematch interview that no one is leaving! Good enough for me.

Guest Mahonio

What about an incomings, did he mention any possible additions in his pre match interview?

Said something like not tomorrow but maybe 1 or 2 free agents next week!

He said that he wouldn't rule out 1 or 2 coming in tomorrow OR free agents if their available and can help team, Max Gradel available after terminating contract at ST-Ettiene and missing out on a West Ham move so at moment he's a free agent, worth signing lol?

I'd been apprehensive of the looming mid-season window fearing the loss of one or more key players like McKay, Vincent or Draper. But it looks like we'll be 'unscathed' - big boost ahead of Sunday.

(Mind you, the final day's often when there's most transfer activity!)

I'd been apprehensive of the looming mid-season window fearing the loss of one or more key players like McKay, Vincent or Draper. But it looks like we'll be 'unscathed' - big boost ahead of Sunday.

(Mind you, the final day's often when there's most transfer activity!)

Not over till the fat lady sings ...but sounds as if Yogi has locked the door !!!

What about an incomings, did he mention any possible additions in his pre match interview?

Said something like not tomorrow but maybe 1 or 2 free agents next week!

Strikers currently available as free agents include Nacho Novo, Torbjorn Agdestein, Graham Bayne and Mo Bangura. Take your pick.