FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Worst SPL Signing...

RiG

I'd be peed off if ICT had signed him, so I can imagine how the fans of an established Top 6 team might feel. Must go and discuss it with the Dons fan in my office  :rotflmao:

Was it also Calderwood that signed Young for Dunfermline?

From the Evening Express (who for some reason chose not to run the story of Young signing for Aberdeen)

forget about this story!! The dons have signed Derek Young!!!! What is that all about?? After this little mink and his brother wore those t-shirts they should never play for the dons again! cant believe we are going to pay his wages over someone like Daal! This is Joke! Milne out Jimmy out! Jess in!!!

Gary, aberdeen

Signing Derek Young is much more of a concern than a little tussle in Egypt. You have to wonder if Jimmy's using the clubs funds to ensure financial security for his pals. An absolutely disgraceful signing and one which has already generated a lot of anger amongst many fellow dons fans!!! Derek Young out.

Malky, Aberdeen

Can't believe they have signed that tink, both said they were going to a bigger club when they left, and the last time i heard derek young couldn't get a game for partick!

Peter, Aberdeen

The signing of Derek Young is an absolute disgrace. Him and his equally annoying brother were terrible for us the first time and Derek has hardly gone onto great things at Dunfermline, Partick Thistle and being rejected from Hamilton. And to have to pay this guy money for 2 years - there' must have been someone better out there for that money - even some young kid would have done. It's bad enough we have to pay mnoney to some other Jimmy favourites like Byrne and Brewster. Who's next Jimmy for a return to the Dons - Leon Mike, Paul Sheerin, Jamie Macallister???!!!

Steve, Aberdeen

THE FANS ARE OWED AN EXPLANATION FOR THIS ONE!!. Lets look at his CV 123 appearances for Aberdeen hmm about 4 goals (great striker; yes taht is what he proported to be not a midfielder as the BBC has tagged him). Abandons Aberdeen during a tough period to get more money at the Pars; is rubbish there; rubbish at St Johnstone; rubbish at Partick and can't even win a deal with Hamilton Accies. Of course I forget that he is related to a director; oh that explains it now. How silly of me to think that talent would be the main requirement. If he starts one game for AFC next season over the head of Chris McGuire then the season ticket goes in the bin. You are not welcome back Derek and I look forward to your free transfer!!!

Andy, Aberdeen

Brilliant stuff! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Shocking signing, spoke to a mate last night who is a dons fan and he was somewhat perturbed by the news. huge backward step.

Going by what ive heard from Kirk Broadfoots showing in the rangers vs ajax friendly last night he could be a contender for the worst signing too. supposedly he was terrible! sitting on the deck when ajax scored their goal.  :015: ha ha

In fairness Broadfoot is rubbish as a left back. He is best in the centre of the defence.

I loved how Calderwood sppoke of Youngs great commitment to Aberdeen - aye whatever ya balloon! When he left with Derek they slated Aberdeen!