Scotty's New Team??

luvgravy

Missed that announcement ... knew it was coming, but never heard it mentioned on City TV or anywhere yesterday ..... looks to be a tidy wee stadium that is going to be built ......

Pints before (and after) the inaugural game - sounds like a plan - wonder what will happen to the Lynx now ?

rendering.jpg

It probably spells the end for the Lynx. Their support was never really that great anyways. I doubt they'll survive 2 years now.

BTW...remember this is Canada. Pints before, after and DURING the game. :021:

BTW...remember this is Canada. Pints before, after and DURING the game. :021:

oh yeah .... cool

:drinking08: :drinking08: :drinking08:

It probably spells the end for the Lynx. Their support was never really that great anyways. I doubt they'll survive 2 years now.
I am surprised they have survived this long ... I went to a few games when I first came over but stopped going because they play in the middle of nowhere and it was so hard to get to the 'stadium' on public transport .... When i worked downtown, I didnt need a car and it used to take nearly 90 minutes or more on the TTC to get there and another 90 to get back ... The quality of the football was mediocre, and they played in Livi colours so as far as I was concerned, they had nothing going for them .... except a few of the supporters I met who were sound enough guys.

Part of the reason they lasted this long is that the city had to prove they could support a "pro" team before MLS would look at them.

That and a permanent facility was needed. It will be interesting to see how much support the new MLS team will get. There's a ton of old country Italians, Portugese, and East Indian folk around. Question is will they pay to see North American football. This isn't Porto, Chelsea, or Inter in for a 2 game friendly.

Toronto has never historically supported the national team either. That said....they did it right with the stadium. It's going to be a cracker! I can probably stand up all game too....but I probably shouldn't rub it in eh. :004: