FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barrowman the new Paul Ritchie

Bronson

After only 2 games this season, some of our "supporters" are claiming Barrowman is out of depth, not good enough at this level, lazy etc etc.

I think we should give the lad a chance, despite several seasons of scoring goals for fun, Paul Ritchie would still be described as the above by some :rotflmao:

I thought he was superb against Aberdeen... and as for yesterday... not one of the ICT team would get pass marks... they all looked lazy and not up for it...

Lets reserve judgement until a few more games are under our belts... if we are basing it on yesterdays performance we would be looking for 11 new players!!

He is new and adjusting to this level. If the whole team forgot to turn up a lone striker always looks bad. But at least Brewster thinks he can play that role so he can't be regarded as lazy by the management.

I think we are crying out for a natural winger with pace in the team though. Although I wasnt at the game so shouldnt really comment.

If like Ritchie Barrowman scores 20 a season, albeit against mainly the lesser teams, i'll take it right now!

I think perhaps everyone should be given some time. There have been alot of changes over the summer to the squad and even they must find it hard with all that.

And too me every player looked a bit slouchy yesterday. No one was at there best. And Brew defnitely got a thumbs down for the formation.

I think provided he gets the service (another thing lacking) Barrowman will get us goals.

Providing service to a lone striker is pivitol in that formation and it seems the midfield failed to do that yesterday.

I'd have liked to have seen two up front from the start but given we leaked goals left right and centre last season and alot in pre season and if Brewster can't find a suitable guy to partner Munro to stop that happening, Im not going to critisise him for trying to make a tight unit with that formation.

Hopefully we'll have more of a solid Defence, build on that and use the formations of that to become a goal threat as well.

I think we are crying out for a natural winger with pace in the team though. Although I wasnt at the game so shouldnt really comment.

What surprised me was that Brewster said that he wanted more crosses into the box for the strikers to attack. As far as I can tell, hoofing the ball up the park aimlessly isn't going to allow your team to get these sorts of crosses in unless you try and work it into the wide areas. I think we had one or two good crosses in the game on Saturday. One from Cowie that was headed away before Andy got there and it's that kind of stuff that I reckon he will thrive on.

Edited by RiG
Spelling.

cant say i agree with the criticism Barrowman is getting, it is blatantly clear that Andy is the type of player that will not thrive on long high punts up the park, he is the type of player who will get us goals when balls are played on the deck in behind defenders. his goal against aberdeen is a prime example of this. i could not understand why this tactic was employed for literally the entire 90 minutes when it was clear that the hamilton defence were lapping it up. big tall defenders love high balls played to them but its when its played at pace on the deck that they struggle, thats basic football knowledge.

What annoyed me on Saturday was the positioning of Dougie Imrie.

Brew played him wide right in the first half and he kept trying to get the ball onto his left foot which Hamilton players never really gave him an opportunity to do.

Second half he gets put on the left so he can swing some regular foot crosses in but then he kept trying to cut on too his right foot....why?????

Totally agree on the winger thing but why doesn't he use Zander? He is a fairly competent set-piece taker and he has speed. He also has quick feet which is something we lack....yet he wasn't even on the bench.

Edited by ajsict92

I think rather than singling out one player....we should be concerned how "slouchy" the whole team appeared to be on sat after only 2 games into the league campign. They should be up for it!

Brew should be shot for playing one up front at home in my opinion. Especially punting long balls up to a player of Barrowboys style. He lives of scraps, hes not a target man!

Edited by SMEE

Yep he's a goal poucher, not a Brewster. The long ball won't work for him. It seems very clear to me. He's more like Ritchie, Wyness, Kris Boyd in than put him through on the goalie and you've got a goal, play in a cross, he'll be there, behind the defence, he'll latch on to it.

Punt it up the park and he'll initally try for the ball but with two tall centre backs eventually be fazed out.