Vigurs

davieB

The only time I've seen him was that horrible 4-1 defeat away to Killie last season, so it was hard to judge. He had some nice touches in the first half and the impression he gave was of an elegant midfielder who shields the ball well and sees and makes good passes. However, the whole team capitulated so badly that he looked lost in the second half.

I may be wrong, but he didn't look like a wide player, or a particularly hard tackler, which suggests that his main competition in the first team is Blackie. If that's the case, he may struggle to break into the first team in the near future, although Blackie didn't sound that great on Saturday.

What shocks me though is that he only has a one year deal at the moment.

Him and Zander are probably our best young prospects yet Brew gives them probably the worst offers in the team and gives the better one to McAllister :rotflmao: .

McBains contract is up at the end of the year which is intresting. Brewster may want to cut the age out of the team with Barry planning on hanging up his boots. Don't get me wrong i like Roy McBain, terrific professional and has been a great servant to the club....but you do wonder if its may'be time for somone like Vigurs to step into the breech...afterall he had a great game last night and looked tremendous in pre-season. His goal agianst County springing to mind.

With all the recent youth influx into our team, i can see us doing what Hibs do and thats play our best young players in the first team regularly.

He needs to be getting some games under his belt.

It seems strange that he has dropped out of the match day squad altogether after having such a good pre-season.

He already offers more in footballing terms than 'very fit' McBain

fitness is a key part. McBain my not be the most gifted but his stamina and work rate are top class which really helps the team out. Surely every team needs experience and he offers that. We'll soon have no one over 30 if he goes anywhere.