FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barrowman or is it

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

From the Courier:

The goals may not have flowed as freely as he may have liked, but Barrowman remains unfazed, maintaining that even Real Madrid and Holland striker Ruud van Nistelrooy would have found it difficult to score had he played for Caley Thistle in the fixtures with Accies and Hibs.

"You can only score goals if you get chances," he stated. "I'm not a magician and while you can create something yourself, any striker needs decent service. It's no secret that we didn't play particularly well against both Hamilton and then Hibs, but I think even someone like van Nistelrooy would have struggled to find his way to goal in those games.

:rotflmao: :thumb04:

From the Courier:

The goals may not have flowed as freely as he may have liked, but Barrowman remains unfazed, maintaining that even Real Madrid and Holland striker Ruud van Nistelrooy would have found it difficult to score had he played for Caley Thistle in the fixtures with Accies and Hibs.

"You can only score goals if you get chances," he stated. "I'm not a magician and while you can create something yourself, any striker needs decent service. It's no secret that we didn't play particularly well against both Hamilton and then Hibs, but I think even someone like van Nistelrooy would have struggled to find his way to goal in those games.

:rotflmao: :thumb04:

He was pants yesterday. Knocked off the ball like a lightweight every time.

I've seen enough of Barrowman now to decide that he is a natural goalscorer, who will when given time click with Rooney. Boyd is the same, he works best in a 4-4-2 with a hardworking striker to put the chances on his plate. I also quite like the look of Barrowman's link up play, his effort (not to be confused with his lack of pace) and his first touch.

For him to work he must be given a sustained run in the team, but I for one think he his good enough to cut it at this level.

Edited by chris123

I've seen enough of Barrowman now to decide that he is a natural goalscorer, who will when given time click with Rooney. Boyd is the same, he works best in a 4-4-2 with a hardworking striker to put the chances on his plate. I also quite like the look of Barrowman's link up play, his effort (not to be confused with his lack of pace) and his first touch.

For him to work he must be given a sustained run in the team, but I for one think he his good enough to cut it at this level.

i now think its going to be tuff for Barrowman to get a run...i know that Brew absolutely loves Wood and he's certainly not going to drop Rooney. so i think he's gonna find himself on the bench for a few more weeks unless the two strikers in favour at the moment go seriously down hill.

i think all three strikers have to prove themself at this level...at this moment in time none of them have really had enough games to do so, so its a bit premature to say otherwise.