FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Imrie has his cake and eats it too !

Scotty

Dougie Imrie got an extra reward for his man of the match performance at the weekend.

Courtesy of Darren at ICTFC (and presumably taken by Peter Paul ?), here are the newlyweds presenting him with the top tier of their wedding cake.

post-2-1222991874_thumb.jpg

I had the privilege of being Robs bestman at the wedding and as much as I might fault the club in some areas they got everything spot on at the club for the big day, The ceremony went smoothly and Club Chaplain, Rev Hugh Watt, delivered a great service and set the tone just right for the occasion.

Darren was on hand to make sure that anything and everything that was needed was made available and that people were where they needed to be when they needed to be there. While all that was going on Liz and her team were working tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure that everybody was fed and watered and that preparations for the meal (and the evening reception) etc were in hand. The food was great, the entertainment was spot on and even when it came to the end of the night you weren't being thrown out the door like might happen elsewhere.

The club had even got a sign made up for outside the front door of the club wishing Rob and Julie all the best, and this ended up at the pitchside for matchday.

med_gallery_3_703_140421.jpg

Grassa was keen to make sure they had tickets for wherever they wanted in the stadium and made sure this had been sorted out.

And then to top it all off, when Julie and Rob went in to collect the last bits and pieces they had left there the day before and asked if the could leave the top tier of the cake for the players they were told that they could present it themselves and were whisked off up to the post match hospitality.

I'll name no names and give no details, but their was one other act of extreme generosity on the part of one of the ICT players which topped off what was a great weekend. He knows who he is and what he did and I know just how gob smacked (in the nicest possible way) Rob and Julie were by your gesture...it's these things that set the ICT Players apart from those at other clubs...Thank You.

Over the years ICT have given us all a lot of "Moments to Remember" on the pitch, and last Friday they extended that to off the pitch for Rob and Julie.

Talking of the pitch, how could I forget to thank Tommy. We all know that the grass is hallowed turf but I'd like to thank him and say that I appreciate his patience when pictures were being taken there when he was keen to crack on with preparations for the next day.

As to the photo of Imrie.....I think the worried look is the fact that Brewster is charging across the room behind the camera about to rugby tackle him to get that cake from his hands :rotflmao:

I am still disappointed that we didnt start a chant of

"Hugh Watt, Hugh Watt, ..... you what .... you what ..... you what" at the end of the ceremony. That has got to be a fairly appropriate name for a football club chaplain !

It was an absolutely amazing day. even all our guests forgot it was a football stadium as soon as the meals and speaches were starting.

I have some great photos of the day and will get a couple online soon no doubt.

The club were amazing throughout. it could not have been planned better. we didnt even realise they were going to make the huge banner that you see in the picture, and for it to be on pictch side on saturday was ace.

CD was definately best man for the job. the way he gave his speach was somethings i've never seen before, and it was truely an honour to have Scotty and some Highland Marchers there for the day (without whom myself and Mrs Jnr would never have met...)

What a gesture though from the player (who shall not be named here) that left me flabergasted. You know who you are and we are eternally greatful. We shall be in touch soon once we decide what our plans are. Thanks again - i owe you more than a pint for this one!!!

It was an absolutely amazing day. even all our guests forgot it was a football stadium as soon as the meals and speaches were starting.

I have some great photos of the day and will get a couple online soon no doubt.

The club were amazing throughout. it could not have been planned better. we didnt even realise they were going to make the huge banner that you see in the picture, and for it to be on pictch side on saturday was ace.

CD was definately best man for the job. the way he gave his speach was somethings i've never seen before, and it was truely an honour to have Scotty and some Highland Marchers there for the day (without whom myself and Mrs Jnr would never have met...)

What a gesture though from the player (who shall not be named here) that left me flabergasted. You know who you are and we are eternally greatful. We shall be in touch soon once we decide what our plans are. Thanks again - i owe you more than a pint for this one!!!

speaches = speeches!

pictch = pitch!

definitely = definitely!

truely = truly!

flabergasted = flabbergasted!

greatful = grateful!

If yer gonna post, JUNIOR, you should carry out a proof read beforehand! :rotflmao:

It's not a spelling test Jock.

Is Australia making you grumpy. And by the way, if you are going to pick flaws in peoples posts, then get your own one right............definitely :rotflmao:

Congrats Rob & Julie, sorry I could not make the big day, I was away that weekend.

one word Jock - DILLIGAF

and being as you're down under you may remember a certain song from Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson explaining its meaning!!! :rotflmao:

there's always one to take a thread :thumb04: isn't there!!!? :018:

Anyway, back ON TOPIC, we have some wedding photos now and we'll put them onto our bebo and facebook pages for all to see. If the mods agree, I can maybe post a select few onto anything goes for people to look through.

It was a proud day fo myself, and one that had Mr and Mrs Gringo_Snr close to tears. Bless!

It's not a spelling test Jock.

Is Australia making you grumpy. And by the way, if you are going to pick flaws in peoples posts, then get your own one right............definitely :rotflmao:

Congrats Rob & Julie, sorry I could not make the big day, I was away that weekend.

I just knew I'd get a bite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!