FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

5 home wins in the last 10months.

FortressICT

Without Park as his assistant, Brewster is nothing more than a glorified fitness coach. Either we keep him on as a full time fitness coach, or we get someone in who can at least manage a football team. The board need to grow a pair before any more damage is done, Brewster and Thomson must go!

On one hand all our losses this season have been by 1 goal and with a few breaks we could have won/drawn all of them. The margins really aren't that big.

On the other hand we've only won 5 at home since last December and only won 8 league games in total. It's not the type of form thats going to keep us up. This season we've played 6 home games - more than any other team and only won one. If a team is to stay up they must win their home games particularly against the teams around them. Bearing in mind we've now lost to St. Mirren, Hamilton and Motherwell at home it's looking a bit grim.

I certainly wouldn't go pushing any panic buttons yet. We're only 6 points off 3rd and I believe this is going to be the tightest league campaign in years. From 3rd to 12th the teams could conceivably finish in any position. I would rather wait until the transfer window and see what activity takes place. In particular we need an experienced striker as I don't think the ones we have will have that nous and ability to stay calm if things get tense.

On one hand all our losses this season have been by 1 goal and with a few breaks we could have won/drawn all of them. The margins really aren't that big.

Its all very well losing by a goal to nil and saying 'oh its fine we almost did it it'l be better next week' until we find ourselves bottom. Its a tight league but that in itself provides the impotus to get results because otherwise you'll be left behind. Yes we did have a decent game against Celtic but honestly thats not enough, not when yer a point of relegation.

I dont think Brewster needs to go, yet. The jury is still out for me, who can we get that will do a better job? He's kept us up before he can do it again, were three points of fourth. Its doable certainly and id trust Brewster to keep us up, in honesty.

But that said we do need to buck up our ideas. We cant be complacent and end up last. Again Motherwell was a game we should have got a point out of. But a late slip up cost us. We need to tighten it up at the back and then ill be convinced of a better league finish.

Its been a tough run of late but to suggest Brewster should go is a touch hasty.

Look to last season at this stage we were on a 7 or 8 game losing streak. At least its an improvement. Which is surely what we want.

With a club our size, with our budget what really can we expect to do? How much an improvement should we be making? How much progress are people after?

I say Champions League winners in 5 years.

Really, honestly, without serious investment and a huge fan base increase we are doing fairly well and cant expect fairytales all the time. From what i hear we gave Celtic a real run for their money.

This site used to be a fairly bright, optimistic place. Why all the doom and gloom. Is it really that bad?

Its been a tough run of late but to suggest Brewster should go is a touch hasty.

Look to last season at this stage we were on a 7 or 8 game losing streak. At least its an improvement. Which is surely what we want.

With a club our size, with our budget what really can we expect to do? How much an improvement should we be making? How much progress are people after?

I say Champions League winners in 5 years.

Really, honestly, without serious investment and a huge fan base increase we are doing fairly well and cant expect fairytales all the time. From what i hear we gave Celtic a real run for their money.

This site used to be a fairly bright, optimistic place. Why all the doom and gloom. Is it really that bad?

Nah your right, we should be more optimistic, the fact were even still in the SPL is impressive. As i say i dont think Brewster should go, its extremely early days for that. We can (and i think will) turn it around and i dont think we will get relegated if im truly honest. I think Hamiltion Accies will occupy that spot. Doesnt mean to say our season is perfect, but for now, lets look at the positives!

If were not getting points, only at home, and yet we can pull better performances and results away, I wouldn't put it straight down to management. As it's been mentioned many times before, the atmosphere in the TCS is dire and that alone, I reckon, is a major factor to our performance. Atleast if were playing away, there's noise from the home team support, and probably generates a bit of 'oomph' in our own team to overcome that.

I was at the game Saturday and I thought the atmosphere was very flat, the fans really do need to get behind the team, I was talking to another fan who thought it could be down to the club being very young.

Whatever it is it needs to change.