FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Club Shop in Eastgate

Scotty

It's not a new shop, the shop is already there. Zoo is a designer shop on the first floor opposite Debenhams.

Especially on the run up to Christmas it is important we have a town centre presence and as this is a privately owned local shop I would assume they won't be taking as huge a comission as Debenhams did.

Fantastic news - delighted to hear this :rotflmao:

No one will bother their backside to go out to the stadium most of the time unless it is for a game so a city centre presence is, as mentioned, vital in the run up to Christmas. Well done ICT!

Ian Black looks like a wee scamp who has popped ino to kick a ball about and then leave without buying anything. Just like I used to do in Coutts (spelling?) :thumb04:

It's not a new shop, the shop is already there. Zoo is a designer shop on the first floor opposite Debenhams.

Don't shoot the messenger ...... Its a new shop for ICT and according to the blurb we were sent

"ZOO clothing, a popular independently owned retail store have teamed up with Caley Thistle for the opening of their 2nd store in Eastgate shopping centre, Inverness. The new store situated just along from Next will stock a complete range of Caley Thistle merchanise and will give shoppers an alternative for Christmas present buying".

Its just a shame that the shop is tucked away out of sight and many prob dont even realise there is a shop there. Even when i read the story about Zoo celebrating its first year in eastgate, i couldnt think of where it was (despite actually seeing it once due to the fact i was right beside it at the cofee shop bit.)

But its a step in the right direction

Its just a shame that the shop is tucked away out of sight and many prob dont even realise there is a shop there. Even when i read the story about Zoo celebrating its first year in eastgate, i couldnt think of where it was (despite actually seeing it once due to the fact i was right beside it at the cofee shop bit.)

No matter what some will still moan!

Are you sure this, Zoo's 2nd store, is tucked away out of sight. Article says its just along from Next.

Great news, well done to the club and a BIG thank you to the owners of Zoo.

I know that its pretty unlikely I would have went into Zoo before whereas now I would make an effort to go there next time I'm looking for a new pair of jeans or whatever.

Great work by all involved.

YEAH!!

No matter what some will still moan!

Are you sure this, Zoo's 2nd store, is tucked away out of sight. Article says its just along from Next.

I was merely highlighting a fact Alex. There is a difference between that and having a "moan"!

Anyhoo...the store has moved (from its secluded spot), next to Argos. Went in today. It has less stuff the Debenhams had. Think its got the strips, Mugs, couple of tops and babygrows. Think thats about it.

It's ideally situated to be catching the Xmas Trade as every man and their dog in Inverness...not to mention all those who come here for shopping trips...make the Eastgate the first port of call.

With any luck it'll be immediately obvious from the outside that ICT merchandise is on sale there and we're not relying on people wandering in to the shop to discover it.

Whatever your thoughts on it's location, having a presence in town is better than none at all.

Good news :rotflmao: . Hopefully we will be allowed to stock plenty into it. Wouldn't mind seeing Caley goalkeeper strips go on sale now....why don't they sell them???

Anyhoo...the store has moved (from its secluded spot), next to Argos. Went in today. It has less stuff the Debenhams had. Think its got the strips, Mugs, couple of tops and babygrows. Think thats about it.

Not sure if it would be much use but perhaps folk could order stuff in the Zoo store that it won't have and ICT can then process the order and have it posted it from the stadium so while shelf space might not be expansive at least people will still have the full selection of ICT merchandise.

I only recall ICT ever bringing in very small supplies of GK tops because their was never any real demand, whether they still do even that I am not sure.

You might want to try contacting the club shop and asking if they would be willing/able to get you one the next time they place an order for stock. The people that work in there are pretty helpful and I'm sure they will sort you out if they can. It might cost you an extra couple quid, and you might have to wait for it....but you never know unless you ask.

It has less stuff the Debenhams had. Think its got the strips, Mugs, couple of tops and babygrows. Think thats about it.

Am sure that if they get asked for other stuff they might oblige. It would be a simple matter of the club supplying what people are asking for.

Its not ideal, a section inside someone else's premises never is, but its a big step in the right direction.