Stoke City in for our players?

Guest ict1994

Guest ict1994

This i can assure you is no rumour as before the Hibs game as i was walking to Easter Road i asked this man in a suit if he knew which end was the away end. He said he didnt know as he was there on behalf of Stoke City to scout for possible players for them to sign in January. I duly asked him for which team and he said they were looking at S Fletcher of Hibs as well as Caley players. He also said he had been told to look out for one of Caley's wide players then he had to go so i never got a name of the player but i have my suspicions that it could be Don Cowie!!!!!

Guest ict1994

if only lol

but the problem wif that amount of money is when you spend a couple of hundred thousand quid on a player he thinks hes worth more than the rest of the caley squad in terms of wages which means that the money fast disapears.

This i can assure you is no rumour as before the Hibs game as i was walking to Easter Road i asked this man in a suit if he knew which end was the away end. He said he didnt know as he was there on behalf of Stoke City to scout for possible players for them to sign in January.

I met a Blackburn Rovers scout, again, 'suited and booted', in a pub prior to a game at Motherwell a few seasons ago. He was there to watch Clarkson of 'Well. He asked me which ICT players were playing well at that time. I mentioned Mark Brown's name. He immediately asked how tall he was as he said Souness would never go for a keeper less than about 6' 2". I thought that Mark was shorter than that so he lost interest immediately. When I checked up later, for interest, it turns out that Mark is about 6'2". Anyway, obviously nothing came of it and I notice Clarkson is still at 'Well too.

So someone meets a scout at a game and immediately we're to assume he'll like what he saw. There are scouts at every game every week of the year. Thats how they find players. Oh! and maybe the wide player referred to is Imrie and not Cowie.

Bang on Alex, I know for a fact that there were a number of scouts across last year watching Marius, having spoken to them these guys take in at least 2-3 games a week and see a huge amount of players throughout the season, and if they like a player will watch him a good few times before even recommending him to a club, then if he does make a recommendation the club will then normally send one of the management team to watch the player before making a move

I could easily see cowie at the top, he's a class act and is only getting better. Maybe just another year at our illustrious club and he may be ready for his one major career move.

I would agree with that, and while no disrespect to the players at ICT if he was playing with better players I think his game would raise another notch, I think for Cowie he would have to make the move sooner rather than later as he is now 25 or 26, but hopefully it will be later

if only lol

but the problem wif that amount of money is when you spend a couple of hundred thousand quid on a player he thinks hes worth more than the rest of the caley squad in terms of wages which means that the money fast disapears.

i agree and it only brings around all the other players thinking they can ask for more, look at last season... 5 games on the bounce, the key players started asking for more cash.. my reply would have been you played in the same time when we wasnt winning, get over it!! we need a forward tho!! 1m hummm who's your man?