FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Should Brewster shoulder ALL the blame?

Wilsononourwing

.....surely the BOARD and the DOF have to accept some responsibility. If Brewster is to go then we should see a complete overhaul at managerial and board level. We need a managerial team and a board that is willing to take our club to another level. I am not unrealistic, we are never going to see Champions League football (well who knows) but surely we should now be setting our sights higher than 11th place.

Alan Savage I feel was a step in the right direction. At least he was willing to invest in the club with a view to taking us to the next level. Although board members and major shareholders will have everyone believe that Mr Savage would have ran the club into the ground financially ...... I don't think so. Now more than ever is a time for change.

.....surely the BOARD and the DOF have to accept some responsibility. If Brewster is to go then we should see a complete overhaul at managerial and board level. We need a managerial team and a board that is willing to take our club to another level. I am not unrealistic, we are never going to see Champions League football (well who knows) but surely we should now be setting our sights higher than 11th place.

Alan Savage I feel was a step in the right direction. At least he was willing to invest in the club with a view to taking us to the next level. Although board members and major shareholders will have everyone believe that Mr Savage would have ran the club into the ground financially ...... I don't think so. Now more than ever is a time for change.

:rotflmao: Why are we repeating ourselves ?

Let's not reinvent the wheel, just get him out now.

Guest aldalzz

It's the first time in years that the board and the other golfers behind the glass up top have had a crises, usually the worst they have had is a manager leaving for pastures new. Mr Bennet is keeping low is he not.

On the park, Brewster has mad some poor decisions and tinkered with his side too much in my opinion. Take Saturday for example. If he was going to play a 4-5-1 stick with Wood instead of Barrowman. Nil-nil at the break, I would've liked to have us go for it in the second half and introduce a second striker alot earlier.

If and it's looking more likely, Brew may get the heave ho! I believe Grassa will have to make one of his most inportant decisions as DOF, in selecting Brew's successor.

But yes the board can shoulder some of the blame. I think Savage was a breathe of fresh air and the rest of the directors were frightened with his ideas.

There are clearly problems at the club going beyond the manager but the main problem at the moment is that Craig Brewster is on course to do to ICT what he so nearly did to Dundee United before the late Eddie Thomson took decisive action. If our board are not equally decisive we will be playing first division football having alenated yet more of our best players and a good number of fans now including myself.

brewster is 80% to blame and 20% is the board

In any company the end responsibility is with the Directors, if a manager is not performing it is up to them to replace him with someone who will get better results, if the board of a business do not do that they are to blame for the failings

You really think he's heading for the exit door? I fully expect Brewster to see out the season at least with us.

I think you may be right. Much of our disgruntlement on here is the result of the sh1te played at home. We are not, yet, foot of the table, a situation which would only then cause the BOD to review the decision to continue CBs contract.

While that state of affairs exists I seriuosly think the BOD will be satisfied.

I have a problem with the title MANAGER.

If I look at a shoe shop manager, wine shop manager, M & S manager even - they all carry out duties laid out in their owners/boards agreed mandates. Maybe they can exceed there normal intake of stock from a supplier if they can prove that it is a better seller/ higher profit maker BUT must be answerable to the owners/board AND God help them if they make mistakes.

I wonder therefore are we, on here, assuming too much power when we discuss our manager and his assumed doings.

I accept that training, team selection, substituting are all his responsibility but as a MANAGER would any owner/board allow their assets/profits to flow out the door without an input?

Could the board be hiding behind the manager and leaving him out to dry?

He is not in a position to say 'it is not my doing' as his butt is out the window, so maybe we should look for signs of others involvement in the overall picture!

Of course it's not just the manager at fault here. Bennet and Sutherland have a lot to answer for in taking the cheap option back in the first place. Unless someone wins the lottery, there's sod all we can do about Sutherland, however I feel Brewster, Malky and Bennet must all go before we start to see improvement.

"Message for Brewster: (from Gringo)

Could you please explain WTF you are doing to our club? You are the manager and the buck must fall at your feet. Your team selections baffle everyone, players and fans alike, and your actions are clearly speaking louder than words.

Why can't you see that you are killin our club? letting go of one of the another one of the best players to grace the turf of TCS. Wyness, Rankin and Niculae to name but a few. All players that can (and currently are for their new clubs) contributing experiance and skill to everyYou're game, and giving 100%.It's time to resign with what little dignity you have left. Although I was not keen on your re-appontent, I supported you because I want to see my team succeed, and I am now sorry to say, you have done completely the opposite."

I have 'stolen' this from another thread but it typifies the understandable thinking at this time. Brew is public enemy number one! Or is he only a part player?

Is it Brew that decides to let the players go or, as many managers have found out, they have to put their names to the dirty bit, under orders from on high.

If I owned ICT would I let MY manager let MY players go? They do not belong to BREW - they belong to the club. It is impossible that Brew can decide to make a decision on Barry's future without a board involvement or indeed, any of the other players mentioned in the above offering. He can influence matters at a board meeting with his input but ultimately it is the board that has to make the decision and carry out the paper work.

Even if the return of Brew was a bad decision, the current situation must have board involvement and we are not talking about onfield activities as I stated in my earlier post.

I believe there's issues to be resolved not just on the park but right through the whole club. Brewster and his coaching staff must carry the can for the onfield fiasco but lets be honest we're going backwards off the field to.

The stadium itself remains half finished with two temporary stands, temporary club shop and a field they like call a car park. The football on the pitch used to be enough to keep the supporters happy, who pay top whack to sit in the freezing cold and get soaked when it rains.

I believe the fans have been taken for granted by the Board and now things are coming to a head, with performances on the park.

Brewster certainly deserves the majority for turning our squad into a tactical shambles and failing to replace exiting players appropiately.

The board and Grassa are to blame for failing to sort out the contracts of Ian Black, Don Cowie and Mikey Fraser.

I miss Alan Savage. He was a footballing man and he cared about the club more. Hence the fact he had his own article in the Matchday Programme last year.

Brewster certainly deserves the majority for turning our squad into a tactical shambles and failing to replace exiting players appropiately.

The board and Grassa are to blame for failing to sort out the contracts of Ian Black, Don Cowie and Mikey Fraser.

I miss Alan Savage. He was a footballing man and he cared about the club more. Hence the fact he had his own article in the Matchday Programme last year.

This is the point I am trying to make!

How do we know that he is not bending boardroom ears and not being allowed to buy his targets??

And not being able to explain this to the supporters in case he is booted out!

Tactics/subs/etc are another matter when we are trying to see if he should shoulder ALL the blame - on the park, with his current squad, of course! Boardroom politics, maybe he is only a pawn as I am endeavouring to explain!

Forgive me if I am wrong, but did brewster not say in a newspaper article that 'HE' came to the decision to release barry wilson?

surely if the board had involvement, he would have said 'WE'.

And to elaberate on his capabilities (or lack there of) as manager, he continues to say he wants to see if our younger players can become the next BW, rather than search out a suitable replacement BEFORE his release...

THE BUCK MUST FALL AT BREWSTERS FEET. Even if the board wanted the likes of wyness, rankin etc out, Brew, As our manager, should have stood his ground and made an extremely decent attempt to keep them.

Even if the board were failing to back any realistic bid to sign players or extend existing contracts, that does not explain the tactical shambles we are forced to witness all too often these days. That can be nobody's fault other than the manager.

I feel sorry for anyone facing the prospect of losing their job especially if they'veno realistic prospect of getting another in the same line of business but if Brewster takes the club into the first division then many more than him will be looking for work as the club are forced to cut wage bills both on and off the field.