FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Grassa

PullMyFinger

P&J article

?We need to get out of our predicament as quickly as possible and everyone at the club, from the manager down to the players, needs to improve. We have the second half of the season to come and we must do better.?

No responsibility above Brewster then, or maybe like Brewster and Malky they've been "managing the club like they have been all season".

Bennett is unsure of the trust?s motives but feels the meeting has the potential to do more harm than good for the club. He said: ?The supporters? trust is a body which was set up with the backing of the club and we have engaged in dialogue with them regularly. We are all disappointed with the recent results but a meeting to discuss the club?s future sounds as if they want to add to the problems to me. Right now what the club needs is everyone pulling together as we look to move away from the bottom of the SPL.?

Sounds as if you want the job without accountability, Mr Bennett.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It certainly isnt the fans fault that ICT are bottom of the league, We do support the team during games but if we continually observe poor results and form then something has to be done.

The board are sitting on leather seats watching what we watch and surely cant be happy either - can they?

Anyway, the trust meeting is more about gauging feelings from members about the situation and how to help resolve it.

It certainly isnt the fans fault that ICT are bottom of the league, We do support the team during games but if we continually observe poor results and form then something has to be done.

The board are sitting on leather seats watching what we watch and surely cant be happy either - can they?

Anyway, the trust meeting is more about gauging feelings from members about the situation and how to help resolve it.

mmmm pretty clear that Brew is going nowhere even thoug he has to "improve".

I wonder who the 3 other players are?

Great. So now Bennett has joined the David Sutherland bandwagon of "The only problem at ICT is the fans". Bennett and Sutherland expect the fans to sit back idly and do nothing?

Lets make something clear, any other club,in any other league, would do the same. ICT are unique in that the fans are not allowed to air their grievances. This is what has been said from the Owner and vice-Chairman.

It is this attitude that ICT is a totalitarian entity that annoys everyone. The inability of those in jobs (yes, Mr Bennett you are an employee, not a dictator) that rankles most. Until the board learn some humility then there will be no reconciliation.

Pull together? You have alienated yourself so far that the schism between the fans and the club grows wider everyday. The reason why there is no togetherness is because you are aloof. Aloof.

I just don't like Bennet full stop, never have and never will. Arrogant and smug, so anything he's says I disregard anyway.

Having spoken to Graham on a few occassions the one thing I would not describe him as is arrogant and smug. He wants the same things for the club as we do. He is hopefull that things will turn round and is doing all in his power to get some experience back into the team.

Over the last few weeks Graham has been subjected to some abuse on those forums. A lot of it undeserved. He has a young son being subjected to that same abuse because his father is Graham Bennett. Is that deserved? I think not.

I just don't like Bennet full stop, never have and never will. Arrogant and smug, so anything he's says I disregard anyway.

Have you ever met grassa ?

I very much doubt you have as arrogant and smug he certainly is not . Hes done well for himself but hasn't forgot his roots , thoroughly decent chap .

Got to feel sorry for his son, but I have no sympathy for Grassa. If he is doing his best, then his best is simply not enough and he should vacate to allow someone who is up to the task to take over.

I very much doubt you have as arrogant and smug he certainly is not . Hes done well for himself but hasn't forgot his roots , thoroughly decent chap .

Sorry yes I have and have known him for many a year, but that is my opinion and I appreciate your own to

I remember someone saying the same thing about John Major's wife - she didn't deserve it either. But that doesn't mean grievances shouldn't be aired. Should it happen to Bennets junior or Mrs Major? No. Will it? Yes. You can't be in a job that demands the public eye then say it's unfair if people supporting your wages say it's time to go. I think everyone at ICT, be it Grassa, Malky, Brew, the Sutherland twins and the tea lady (oops, sorry, that's Malky too) want ICT to be a success. The question is...have they done their job well enough to be exempt from criticism?

Got to feel sorry for his son, but I have no sympathy for Grassa. If he is doing his best, then his best is simply not enough and he should vacate to allow someone who is up to the task to take over.

And where will we find someone else who'll do his role for nothing?

Agreed. Grassa is very rooted in the community, very Dalneigh, nice chap in my experience. However, there may be other issues that prevent his working to his fullest potential. *makes hand gesture*

Guest Inverness0d

:rotflmao:

I'm afraid it's all too little and too late unless we change the manager and the coach!!. If Hamilton win it's all over. My memory of the last game at home to Hamilton is they created 4 chances, we created NONE! I also recall being 1-0 up against both Motherwell and St Mirren, both their managers made changes and won the game whilst Brewster looked lost. The writing was on the wall in the second half of last season when we had the worst record in the league until we met Gretna at home. I suggested then that we should find a new manager, coach and players. We never replaced Dodds, Hastings has now become a liability and Proctor is not good enough, wonder why we are regularly losing goals? Duncan and McBain whilst great servants to the club are finished, Duncan regularly gives away possession and McBain looks like he has too many miles in his legs and has lost a yard in the last couple of years. Add in the fact that Brewster plays Imrie as a right winger even though he is left footed and Vigeurs a genuinely skilfull player is too easily dropped and we have a midfield that is too much about hard work and little creativity. I feel sorry for Woods and Rooney up front, Rooney has a great first touch and Woods has played well on his own but with little support from midfield, I want to see Inrie hit the (Left) byeline and put in a cross that Woods can attack. If we are going to play 1 up front why did we get rid of big Bain who wanted to stay at the club and to me was one of the most improved players over the past 4 seasons. McCaffrey too was a good footballer but not strong enough as a centre back I felt he could have been converted to midfield.

One thing I do know, I would have Duncan Shearer back as coach, we played our best football when he was at the club, I would also have Patterson back ,perhaps not as manager, whatever his personal problems. Patterson knew a player when he saw one and uncovered some gems in his time with Inverness that's something you don't lose and a role in scouting should be found for him.

As to where we find a left back, centre half, creative midfielder and one other decent midfielder mid season is anyones guess I would be guided by Patterson.

P.S. Most Dundee Utd fans agree they would have gone down had Brewster stayed why can't our board see it?

totally agree ICTodd...didnt like him as a player either

whether he is smug or arrogant is besides the point. He is towing the company line and cant hide under the blamless blanket any longer

Director Of Football is that his title. Well surely he should be held to account for the balls up with players contracts and the pitiful transfer fees that come with not tying down players on better deals.

We seem to be an easy pickings when bigger teams come sniffing around and that's down to his incompetence.