FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

An observation.........and some praise!

Naelifts

In times of turmoil such as these................and we have had some worrying downturns before (notably at the start of a season)...............we look to our senior players to keep young heads up and lead by example on the pitch.

Step forward Royston Mcbain................how good has he been in recent weeks?

I remember posting many years ago.........something like "unsung hero".............the times were similar although not as bad, but the hero was the same man......Roy.

If you are reading this lad you can hold your head up high. Singled out correctly by commentators in both of our last two games he has come onto his game at just the right time.

Not without his detractors, Roy can have very effective quiet games........games in which he goes unnoticed (invisible some would say). His is not a glamourous part and he really has to excel to be noticed. No-one can ever have faulted his effort and commitment and he possesses one of the best engines in the league.

ps this may help as an antidote to all the doom and gloom around these days. some folk i know have just stopped looking at the forums because the same stuff is regurgitated day on day. you can hardly blame the fans.......we are in a pickle.......but, in this case.............credit where credit is due

Guest Muir-Jaggie

i think vigurs would benefit of roy, he's had a great start to the season. he's being giving 100% this season and hes no getting any younger so he should pass it on to the young 1s. they can learn alot from him