FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland squad vs Macedonia

dam17

So Feckin Easy......Looks like it was the better Scotland Squad that turned up today.

Certainly was in the 2nd half .

Can you hear thepugsy sing no ,no

can you hear thepugsy sing no , no

GIRUY :D

i'll second that. pugsy GIRFUY :D

I'll third that. Pugsy GIRFUY :) :D

And I'll fourth it. :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'll fifth it. Having now deemed the Holland game pointless I have developed the typical Scottish hope towards it. However, no doubt it will have disappeared by 9.30 on Wednesday night.

Guess I'll fifth it. Having now deemed the Holland game pointless I have developed the typical Scottish hope towards it. However, no doubt it will have disappeared by 9.30 on Wednesday night.

Believe

I do believe, it's just that when your following the national team you have to prepare yourself for the little bit of disappointment.

Was at the the game, great second half. Faddys goals was superb. Hopefully, we can get the appeal it was a shocking decision.

BRING ON THE DUTCH.

Goals? :025: I can only remember one of them. Twas a peach tho.

As for an appeal, don't think we can appeal it as he never got sent off.

Was at the the game, great second half. Faddys goals was superb. Hopefully, we can get the appeal it was a shocking decision.

BRING ON THE DUTCH.

Goals? :wacko: I can only remember one of them. Twas a peach tho.

Spelling error. If the ref holds his hands up and says that he booked the wrong player, we might have something.

Apparently we are going to try and appeal it as mistaken identity, but if that's the case, I think the booking was intended for Brown, and then he would have been sent off and suspended for the Holland game.

Anyway, second half was probably the best performance under Burley and it gives the nation hope. I reckon the journey home from Glasgow on Wednesday night is more than likely going to be like the one home after the Italy game. But you never know....

BRING ON THE DUTCH.

Goals? :001: I can only remember one of them. Twas a peach tho.

Spelling error. If the ref holds his hands up and says that he booked the wrong player, we might have something.

Only way it can be revoked is if its a misaken identity in which case Scott Brown will be suspended. I think Brown is the more important for us tbh. McFadden goes missing to much but Brown fights for everything.

McFadden was booked for his part in a scuffle after Scott Brown booted the ball off the Macedonian player. I think that was the best part of the game actually. He had all these Macedonian lads around him and he just laughed. Love players like that :lol:

Sort of thing that would have wound me up if it had been against me but I thought it was brilliant. The Macedonians were going to give it back to us but for a throw in deep in our half so it was a brilliant piece of play and the best of a very poor first half. If we can get the ball down and play like we did in the second half I feel we do have a slight chance.

McFadden was booked for his part in a scuffle after Scott Brown booted the ball off the Macedonian player. I think that was the best part of the game actually. He had all these Macedonian lads around him and he just laughed. Love players like that :lol:

Me too.... He'd done absolutely nothing wrong in nicking a corner from that drop ball incident.

I don't think whatever McFadden did in that scuffle merited a booking... Think it must have been something he said.

Don't you just love Faddy... what a fecking legend!!!!

We were truely woeful in the first half but at least Burley did notice and moved the team to a flat 4-4-2. I'm impressed with Steven Fletcher, think he looks a cracking player and the partnership of him and Miller offers plenty of energy & hopefully some goals. I still think it's unlikely we'll qualify but should make a great atmosphere round Hampden on Wednesday :) :D :D

Thought we looked better at 4-4-2 however without Faddy I can see us struggling to break down the Dutch. I would go with:

Gordon

Hutton Weir McManus Whittaker

D. Fletcher Caldwell Brown Maloney

S. Fletcher

Miller

Thought we looked better at 4-4-2 however without Faddy I can see us struggling to break down the Dutch. I would go with:

Gordon

Hutton Weir McManus Whittaker

D. Fletcher Caldwell Brown Maloney

S. Fletcher

Miller

I thought Alexander was decent throughout... doesn't deserve to be dropped but apart from that I'd agree with your team although Brown on the wing and Fletcher in the centre

Whittaker was outstanding at left back!!! It almost suits him being able to come in on his right foot, I wouldn't be suprised if he managed to bag one against Holland.

As things stand at the moment a win against Holland wont be enough to get us a play-off place. The only other runners up we can catch are in groups 1 and 2. Greece and Hungary are both on 13 points with 3 games to play and even if they lose all there games they have better goal difference.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries...ings/index.html

Sorry, just re-read the criteria for play-offs and looked at tables again and its too complicated to work out.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

As we are in a 5 team group the other 2nd place teams lose the points gained from the bottom side in their group so the majority of teams who finish 2nd will have 6 points taken off their final totals and the top eight runners up are put forward into the play offs.

Edited by BA

As we are in a 5 team group the other 2nd place teams lose the points gained from the bottom side in their group so the majority of teams who finish 2nd will have 6 points taken off their final totals and the top eight runners up are put forward into the play offs.

Yep I just went over that again. I think Hungary, Greece and N.Ireland could come into the reckoning but it'll be very tight and we really need to win.