FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Standby Volunteers

Scotty

The club have asked us to post this .......

With the weather forecast looking a bit uncertain for Saturday, I am looking at creating a list of people who can be primed now that could be called upon on Saturday morning to help salt the stands and do other duties to allow the

game to go ahead.

If that person is you, or you know someone that would be happy to be contacted at short notice to come down to the stadium could you email or phone Emma Williamson direct on 01463 227455 or emma.williamson@ictfc.co.uk. And she will add your name and contact number to our list

The club have asked us to post this .......

With the weather forecast looking a bit uncertain for Saturday, I am looking at creating a list of people who can be primed now that could be called upon on Saturday morning to help salt the stands and do other duties to allow the

game to go ahead.

If that person is you, or you know someone that would be happy to be contacted at short notice to come down to the stadium could you email or phone Emma Williamson direct on 01463 227455 or emma.williamson@ictfc.co.uk. And she will add your name and contact number to our list

i thought a decision was going to made on Thursday if the game was going to go ahead???

We are just the messengers !!!

I would imagine that an early inspection will be done so people dont travel un-necessarily and if it passes that/(those) inspection(s) then one would be made by a local ref on the morning of the game as well as a decision made based on road conditions in an around the city. The ref would either call it off or give the club a few hours to clear the pitch before doing another inspection.

I am sure Tommy once told me that if it snows, one of the best ways to protect the pitch is to leave the snow blanket on the pitch and clear it at the last minute. thats what the volunteers would be for.

Helping the game go ahead in the freezing cold, is that the reward we get as fans to watch our team play crap, get over charged to enter the ground, get overcharged for food etc in the ground, no atmosphere and when we try and get one a whole load of grief.

Maybe if the high up people had a tiny wee bit of respect and treated us well....

Tommy Cumming has indeed said that the snow on the pitch would be left there, and pitch heating turned on on friday, if the snow is cleared and not too bad a frost.. then we should be ok.

Its important financially for the game to go ahead, a midweek replay will cost the club thousands.

I would imagine that an early inspection will be done so people dont travel un-necessarily and if it passes that/(those) inspection(s) then one would be made by a local ref on the morning of the game as well as a decision made based on road conditions in an around the city. The ref would either call it off or give the club a few hours to clear the pitch before doing another inspection.

I am sure Tommy once told me that if it snows, one of the best ways to protect the pitch is to leave the snow blanket on the pitch and clear it at the last minute. thats what the volunteers would be for.

as far as i am led to believe Dundee are travelling up on Xmas day , therefor inspection was to be on Thursday , my info could be wrong

Good luck all and, in case I fall foul of the weather or summat ,have a happy Xmas.

Hope the game goes ahead though.

Er.... I suppose the cost of turning on the electric blanket under the pitch will be too much to allow it to be turned it on , on Thursday.

How much do you reckon it will cost to run for on extra day?

Update from the club.

They are looking for people to go down to the Stadium tomorrow at 10am to clear ice and snow from the stands ahead of time.

They are also looking for people to be available from 8am on Saturday to start clearing the pitch and getting grit down in the stands and around the stadium to allow the match to go ahead.

IMPORTANT - If you are able to assist with either of the above, can you please email or phone Emma Williamson direct on 01463 227455 or emma.williamson@ictfc.co.uk

as far as i am led to believe Dundee are travelling up on Xmas day , therefor inspection was to be on Thursday , my info could be wrong

The Dundee players are to be allowed to have christmas meal with their families before travelling to Inverness on the evening of christmas day. Source - Tay AM Sports desk.

Back on topic...........parsonally I can't offer assistance on this occassion but I would urge as many locals as can make it to volunteer. It is financially important that the game goes ahead.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Helping the game go ahead in the freezing cold, is that the reward we get as fans to watch our team play crap, get over charged to enter the ground, get overcharged for food etc in the ground, no atmosphere and when we try and get one a whole load of grief.

Maybe if the high up people had a tiny wee bit of respect and treated us well....

*yawn*

You either can or can't help.

i cant make clear up. will the people who are volounteering be getting hot drinks (both days) and free entry to the match?, sorry season ticket holders. This is not a gripe but Saturday will be a long day for the helpers

Edited by cairngorm

i cant make clear up. will the people who are volounteering be getting hot drinks (both days) and free entry to the match?, sorry season ticket holders. This is not a gripe but Saturday will be a long day for the helpers

Just think about when you get home you can have all those turkey sandwiches, curried turkey, turkey and chips or if you prefer just plain turkey.

Just think about when you get home you can have all those turkey sandwiches, curried turkey, turkey and chips or if you prefer just plain turkey.

the only turkeys i want to see are Dundee served up with a xmas cracker from Caley