FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Throw ins

tm4tj

I think rig touched on this a week or two back...........but wtf. I reckon we are now officially the worst in the United Kingdom at taking throw ins. In fact last night we even managed a throw out, yes a throw out. Golly when not finding Airdrie players direct with five yard throw ins, actually managed to throw the ball direct out of play from the throw in, so it's a throw out, and it almost made me throw up. We seem to have binned or banned the long throw, which seems strange. We persevered with that tactic for too long, but surely it is worth a pot now and then, just to sort of break up the monotony of giving the ball back to the opposition at every throw in. We waited for a minute or two for Golly to arrive on the scene, and when he did, he dithered over his choice of which Airdrie player to throw the ball to, or which line to throw the ball over. Surely taking a throw in is not that difficult, I took one once when I was a lad and it worked, you know, feet together, on the ground, ball behind the head and then toss it to someone wearing the same coloured shirt, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

So, to sum up Terry..............sort it out, lets find our own players with our own throw ins please.

thats all.

Every time Golly went for a throw, the only ICT players making themselves available were Sanchez or Foran, couple that with the 4 Airdie players that were covering the throw and you dont have many options.

Other ICT players should have come over to take the ball even to drag an oppostition player away.

Bring back the long Granty throw..... i think.

The "Throw Out" was not the fault of Golly. Sanchez indicated that he was going to run to the corner and then bluffed his marker (and Golly) by running towards the edge of the box instead.

A minor blip in an otherwise great game.

Can we assume Granty does not do this anymore as a result of a back problem, or a potential one?

My assumption is that Butcher does not want a central defender being pulled out of position to take the throw in. If we lose possession directly from the throw in then we have a central defender effectively taken out of defensive duties. Personally i much rather wide defenders taking the throws.

The throw-ins last night were a vast improvement upon our last home game although by no means good. Still too many time possession was lost.

Everytime Rosscie takes a throw he spends 5 minutes...he genuinely waits til there is noise from the opposition fans to get a move on to take it. But this is because no one makes themselves properly available. Although every time sanchez is on i have noticed he does.

• 2 weeks later...

I see we are persisting with Golly taking every throw in on the left side, much to the annoyance of Foran and one or two others. It was from another hopeless throw in that we conceded the foul which let Raith back in the game when we should have been cruising.

There is a problem area with these throw ins, as we seem incapable of winning the ball from them, surely something to work on at the training ground. Why make it more difficult for ourselves than it already is and it justs unsettles the fans, well this one anyway.