What did you do on this football free weekend

Caleyjag

Think the topic speaks for itself really. Last Saturday after I finished work at lunchtime, Mr CaleyJag and I spent the afternoon watching games and listening to the football on the radio. On Sunday, up and out for breakfast before coming home to watch football from around twelve til round about eleven by the time you count in Spanish games and Match of the Day 2. This weekend?? I was dreading it! Mr CJ took me to lunch in Newmachar, got stuck in traffic on the way to Union Square, spent money I wouldn't have done if there was football on. However today has been quite productive, put up a shower door and shelf in the kitchen, jobs that would admittedly not have been done if there were games on. Add to all this that the tv was RUBBISH today - roll on next weekend!!

P.S. RIG, yes you did see someone wear a Caley Thistle top in Union Square yesterday!!

Had a few beers with the missus in the sun in Ashton Lane on Friday after work... fed my Fopp addiction with a few new CDs on Saturday... ironed ten shirts and a suit... marked a few essays and prepared a couple of lessons for Monday... read the Sunday papers... ate far too much... kept returning to the internet and bemoaning the lack of new posts on here and on P&B, and realised again that I am a sad sack that doesn't have enough of a life outside football...

@ Mantis: I did that once, a couple of years ago. Very civilised having a beer on the terraces at Hughenden on a Friday evening. Couldn't make head nor tail of what was happening on the pitch, mind. All I know of rugby is my memory of getting shouted at by Colin Baillie and thrown into ice-covered puddles by fat flankers when I was about 12.

Mr CJ took me to lunch in Newmachar, got stuck in traffic on the way to Union Square, spent money I wouldn't have done if there was football on. However today has been quite productive, put up a shower door and shelf in the kitchen, jobs that would admittedly not have been done if there were games on.

Call me old fashioned but shouldn't Mr CJ have put up the shower door and shelf?

I'm a bit embarrassed to say this........ I went to a rugby game.

I discovered that you get to buy pints all during the game and drink them by the side of the pitch.

I've long suspected there was some kind of inverted snob lurking within the Mantis persona.

Just for the record I've been playing golf in the blazing sun at Nairn all weekend, and now look like a freshly cooked lobster.

I spent all of yesterday sweltering at the Carve Carrbridge event, 'chainsaw log-carving Scottish championships'.

10.30am-5pm. Got burnt to a freakin' crisp.

Felt so ill I had to retire to bed at 6.30pm last night (no kidding ~ think I got sun-stroke shok.gif )

Today has been spent in gentle repose, catching up on all of last week's P&Js...

Yep, it's wild round our way mocking.gif

P.S. RIG, yes you did see someone wear a Caley Thistle top in Union Square yesterday!!

Ha ha! So that's who it was! I always get a bit excited when I see an ICT top in Aberdeen :ictscarf:

My ICT free weekend started with far too many drinks in The Wild Boar on Friday night for a friends leaving do. Luckily, despite proclaiming my undying love for her I didn't cause offence which is a huge relief! Cashback.

On Saturday, nursing a slight hangover, I went to Balgownie to watch the Aberdeen youngsters take on Motherwell before a wee browse around town in the afternoon. Saturday was completed with a few drinks, pizza and a short trip into town before the effects of Friday night caught up with me and I retired from the party in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

On Sunday I headed down to Seaton to watch some of the local kids teams play. Some decent skills on display but nothing compared to the Aberdeen - Motherwell games the day before. In the evening I watched my team play in their Sunday league game which ended in a shocking 3 - 2 defeat to a team we had beaten 11 - 1 previously. Absolutely hated watching it from the sidelines.

So an ICT free weekend maybe but definitely not football free!