FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Roy McBain Testimonial Game

L_G

I am sorry to have to tell you that due to Ross County's progression to the Alba Challenge Cup Final, they can no longer play this game for Roy.

This is really disappointing, but not to worry hold the date and wait for another announcement very very soon. You won't want to miss it, it WILL be a great night (maybe even better) despite this set back.

As soon as I have confirmation from the testimonial committee you'll be the first to know. :-)

I am sorry to have to tell you that due to Ross County's progression to the Alba Challenge Cup Final, they can no longer play this game for Roy.

This is really disappointing, but not to worry hold the date and wait for another announcement very very soon. You won't want to miss it, it WILL be a great night (maybe even better) despite this set back.

As soon as I have confirmation from the testimonial committee you'll be the first to know. :-)

Top Six, the clue is in the bold text. HOLD THE DATE. As explained before this game will definitely not be on a Saturday for a number of reasons. The date will remain Tuesday 23rd November and the team are now confirmed so we should have an announcement very soon.

Does it really matter who the opposition is? The whole idea of a testimonial is to allow as many fans as possible to show their appreciation for the efforts of the player over his period at the club. It also brings a wee nest egg to help the player out in the future.

I think Roy deserves some top quality opposition. Not our poor highland feeder club. And still hoping it's played on a Saturday.

The game can not and will not be played on a Saturday. It will be played on Tuesday 23rd November as advised.

This date will definitely not change, so it won't be moved to a Saturday, no matter how much you would like it to be.

So just to make it clear it will be held on Tuesday 23rd November with a 7.30pm kick off.

November is because that's the date Ross County set and nothing to do with Roy potentially leaving in . Roy has a contract until the end of the season, so there would be little likelyhood of him going anywhere in January.

I'm kind of remembering why I don't post on here much now :frustrated01:

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

So it'll be a different opposition now if county can't do it. If it was down to when county wanted to play, and Roy is going to be at the club to at least the end of the season... Would it be possible to arrange a match against a gunners XI on the 5th of February? Surely Kenny Gillet could talk to Gael Clichy?

I'm only messing by the way L_G.

So it'll be a different opposition now if county can't do it. If it was down to when county wanted to play, and Roy is going to be at the club to at least the end of the season... Would it be possible to arrange a match against a gunners XI on the 5th of February? Surely Kenny Gillet could talk to Gael Clichy?

I'm only messing by the way L_G.

Getting a team is not as easy as you might think. Roy doesn't want to change the date as the testimonial committee were quite far down the road with the county game, so they will just change a team.

We would all love a big named team on a Saturday afternoon, but that's not going to happen.

Alex is spot on - it shouldn't matter who the opposition is as it's for Roy's benefit anyway.

It will be a really good night and I'm sorry you can't make it.