FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Was Blackie Injured?

davieB

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to get back to the thread.

Does anyone really know what happened to Ian Black at half-time and why he was substituted?

Has there been any repercussions?

neksor

According to CB quoted in today's Courier...

Blackie was subbed at half time - it was felt more width provided by Bazza might have been beneficial...

You gotta have a wee bit of sympathy with Brew here.... He gets castigated week in, week out for leaving his substitutions too late.  So on Saturday he hooks Blackie at half time, who responds by chucking his toys out the pram....  :crazy07:

For me...the idea of providing "more width" means the addition of a 5th Midfielder, not the straight swap of one for another.

That's the one thing I find most baffling about Brewsters Subs, they are always like for like, and in reality do little to change formation or tactics.

I disagree....

He obviously thought Bazza was capable of going down the right flank, getting the better of their left back, and putting in some decent crosses... Blackie was getting bogged down and crowded out in the middle.

Of course it all went tits up with the red cards..... :029:

He obviously thought Bazza was capable of going down the right flank, getting the better of their left back, and putting in some decent crosses... Blackie was getting bogged down and crowded out in the middle

So Wilson was playing on the left because........

Mind Cowie was out on the right all game.

His mistake was leaving Bayne on the park. that was the accident waiting to happen which was then compounded by Rosscoe's folly. Perhaps he should have made two half-time substitutions and the game might have turned out differently !!!

At any rate, hindsight is wonderful and what is done is done and we will never know what might have happened if he had done things differently .... I only hope he has looked at the whole game and his own decisions in it, acknowledged to himself at least that he may have made an error, and learned from it .....

He obviously thought Bazza was capable of going down the right flank, getting the better of their left back, and putting in some decent crosses... Blackie was getting bogged down and crowded out in the middle

So Wilson was playing on the left because........

Beggared if I know...  :024:

In fairness Wilson has played on the left a fair bit, particularly under Brewster. Plus with Cowie impressing on the right it wasn't that surprising to see him there. I think we could have kept Black on, subbed off McBain or Duncan and put Wilson on. He could have gone to the left and you still have two composed central midfielders  :003:

RIG asked:

"So Wilson was playing on the left because........"

Answer:

Because its nearer the door.

It was the second half headin towards the north stand - therefore, he was furthest from the door  :blah01: :blah01: :32:

As long as Rankin  :029:

Any player who plays half decent is a threat to brewsters high ego problem.

Thats why he signed Zibi, Proctor and Watt, he knows they are sh1te  :014:

Brewster didn't exactly have many players to choose from, as there was only about a week of the transfer window open from when he took charge.

Valid point Bronson and would normally agree.  I was one of the ones who would have had no complaints if Blackie had been shown the door last season following some of his tantrums....but...

We've always had one or two players who are capable of going off the boil, but this season it seems to have spread to guys who normally know how to keep a cool head.  Since day one Duncan has been mouthy with refs and his teammates, Wilson has been dropped for allegedly speaking up on something he didn't like, Rankin is being kept out of the squad in connection with a rumoured argument with one or more people (and looks likely to move on as a result), Niculae has allegedly had disagreements with the manager, Rossco has been branded a disgrace, Black looks set to be "rested" for a couple of games....and that's just the stuff we have come to hear about....when you see so many of the players losing the plot and personal discipline going out the window on a wider scale then you have to start wondering as to the real cause of the issues.

It's a real catch 22 isn't it....

The manager obviously has to set the rules, and leave his players in absolutely no doubt as to what is acceptable and what isn't. I wonder how Alex Ferguson would have reacted to Black's alleged behaviour at the Motherwell game..?

Unfortunately Brewster doesn't have too many options... You just can't leave out players with undoubted talent, such as Rankin, Black or Niculae without it having an effect on how the team performs.

I believe that in the long term Brewster's appointment will prove to be a good one... Unfortunately he will need time to gather and develop the right kind of players... Players that will be prepared to accept his methods, ideas, tactics etc... It also remains to be seen whether having Donald as his Number 2 is going to work or not. Hopefully his saving grace for this season will be the fact that Gretna appear to be certainties for relegation.

I quite sure Brewster is prepared to be here for the long haul and will turn ICT's fortunes round by the end of this season.... He will need time however...

Will he get that..?

I meant McGuire  :003: Both crap easy mistake  :sillywave:

McGuire has been just as good (or bad if you wish) as the rest of our defence this season.

In fact, the best defender this season for me has been a midfielder in Roy McBain!