FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hope this doesn't happen to us!

Gringo

Caley Thistle V Gretna in the Maracana ..... very appealing  :029:

What a load of f@#%&*g nonsense ....... another step in the inevitable process of taking the game away from the grass roots fans. Overseas friendlies - fine. Overseas mini 'Cups' hosted by another team - fine ... but not league games.

Having said that ... the NFL have just approved something similar. The Buffalo Bills - a team that is declining badly - has been given permission to stage a total of 8 games in Toronto over the next 5 years. 1 regular season game per year plus 3 friendlies. I guess thats not really surprising as MLS, NHL, MLB and NBA all have a mixture of Canadian and American teams but the NFL has no Canadian teams (yet). Some see this as the first step in an eventual takeover and relocation of the Bills when the current owner dies as the heirs to the guys estate have little interest in the NFL.

If they are going to seed the Big 4 so they don't play each other, are they going to seed the bottom 6 so they don't either?

And how do they know who the Big 4 and bottom 6 are before the season even starts?

How can it be a fair league when they have different fixtures ffs?

nonsense idea.....money grabbing bastrads!!...........(considers previous approval of Shinawatra taking over City... :023:)

How can it be a fair league when they have different fixtures ffs?

The SPL is like that.... :023:

The EPL is riddled with foreign players so I suppose it'd be like going home for some of them... :rolleyes02:

I'm only glad that neither of the two teams i follow will ever have anything to do with the Premier League, i cant imagine how any normal fan of the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal etc can ever feel that they are really anything other than a cash flow to these clubs, can there really be a bond between the two?

I would be happy with this idea if some of the money earned was distributed around smaller clubs and youth training, but it won't. It's just another marketing plan to enhance the "brand" and further line the pockets of already rich owners and players.

The ethos and money in the game today is obscene.  :33: